Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

10" MX T-bars

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 10:52 AM
Good_Apollo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by AQuartLow
I just put a set on my bike a month or so ago and I love them. I think Shiftface was referring to my bike in his message above. Here's a link to that thread with some pics.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...st-t-bars.html

Sorry I didn't take any pics without the fairing. In my opinion, the bike looked more balanced with the fairing than without, though to be honest it didn't look bad without. I think that the MX style of the these bars keeps it from looking too tall versus the traditional straight T-bar.

They make a great product and have excellent customer service. Good luck dude!

Thanks, this may sound weird but I really don't want to put a fairing on my bike, kind of want to keep my bike at least a little different than most of the other DXs out there. I am thinking of contacting WCTB and seeing if they can make me a set that have a 7" riser instead of the 8", that will put the handles at a 9" rise and i think it would be perfect for me. How tall are you? Does the 10" rise feel good and handle well?

Old 07-12-2011, 11:09 AM
night09train
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sure Scotty would do that for you. I had a set of 12" mx's on my night train he even cut the width down for me a little bit when i asked and it didn't look bad with out the fairing but I did run one. I am still considering getting them for my new street bob. I'm sure your bike will look great without a fairing.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:14 PM
AQuartLow
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Good_Apollo
Thanks, this may sound weird but I really don't want to put a fairing on my bike, kind of want to keep my bike at least a little different than most of the other DXs out there. I am thinking of contacting WCTB and seeing if they can make me a set that have a 7" riser instead of the 8", that will put the handles at a 9" rise and i think it would be perfect for me. How tall are you? Does the 10" rise feel good and handle well?
I'm 6 foot and fairly long in the legs and arms. The 10" rise has proven to be perfect for me; just the right amount of reach and a comfortable height. Keep in mind that my bike has a 32 degree rake versus yours which I believe is 28 degrees. This will make the bar be just a little further away from you and a little higher overall than the same bar on my bike.

As far as handling goes, I've been very impressed. Coming from a 12" rise mini-ape with rubber bushings to these bars with polyurethane bushings, it's been night and day. Previously the bike felt like a laid back cruiser, now it feels like a sharp responding, aggressive canyon carver. The feedback from the bars is excellent and could be attributed to the grade of metal used in the bars. They are thick and heavy - extremely solid.