Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE Stage 1 Air Cleaner Cover?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 01:32 PM
BCKNBLK
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SE Stage 1 Air Cleaner Cover?

Hi guys,

I got a SE Stage 1 part number 29773-02C (round air filter) for my 2010 FXDC. According to the Harley website it says it can be used with any of the decorative air cleaner cover collection but when I look at the filter I only see the hole in the center but the air cleaner covers on the website for Dyna's don't appear to have the bolt pattern for the SE kit I bought. Can I still use the stock cover with the kit I bought?

What have you guys used for air cleaner covers for the open air round filter? I wanted to try and get away from the stock cover but apparently Harley's website is a bit misleading when it says the kit can be used with the air cleaner covers from the decorative collection.

Thanks in advance!

Bruce

Old 07-11-2011, 03:21 PM
guff
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe the air cleaner covers come as a "kit" with the mounting bracket and bolts...
http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US...ts/-J03315.pdf

Old 07-11-2011, 03:40 PM
BCKNBLK
Tourer

Originally Posted by guff
I believe the air cleaner covers come as a "kit" with the mounting bracket and bolts...
http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US...ts/-J03315.pdf
That part number says "fits evolution 1340 and twin cam equipped models with stock air cleaner (except 08 and later Dyna)" Don't think it will work. When I do a search on my model the only air cleaner trim cover that shows up don't have the bolt pattern that the kit I have has.

I think I am just going to exchange it for kit 29406-08 which is used with the stock air box and order the air cleaner trim cover I want. Seems to much of a hassle to try and find one I like that fits the open air SE Stage 1.

Old 07-11-2011, 03:41 PM
PMB3
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ramones CD

Attached Thumbnails SE Stage 1 Air Cleaner Cover?-img_3604.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
F86 (12-03-2017)
Old 07-11-2011, 05:27 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

check out the dyna classifieds on this site. I guy has a cover for sale and you can see the way it mounts

Old 07-11-2011, 06:49 PM
coop creek
Road Captain
Received 115 Likes on 77 Posts

29773-02C, that's the SE high flow ac kit with a round filter, right? There are lots of ac trim rings that have center holes to attach to your filter. I'm not sure what you are looking at. Go to Drag Specialties or similar and pick out a cover you like. This is what I did. This is the same ac kit that you have but the backing plate is chrome, the filter is a K&N substitute. The cover is Pro-One, 5.485" diameter.

Attached Thumbnails SE Stage 1 Air Cleaner Cover?-ac-cover-002-medium-.jpg   SE Stage 1 Air Cleaner Cover?-ac-cover-medium-.jpg  
Old 07-11-2011, 07:02 PM
jack0890
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SE Stage 1 A/C cover

Don't know what you're looking for exactly but HD has the smooth air cleaner cover (just a basic round chrome cover) part number 29153-07 which will fit the kit you bought. Also I don't know the part number , but the stock cover off of a Crossbones will fit also. It's the same as the chrome one but it's black. Never mind just found it. The black one is p/n 29400-08. These are just basic round covers though, so I don't know about anything decorative. Or you can swap it for 29406-08, which uses the stock teardrop cover on bike. Hope this helps.

I believe the 29406-08 converts the stock cover to an open air element like the round one, but not sure. Been looking myself, but hadn't decided which way to go yet. I just noticed you were the one talking about swapping it for the other kit to fit the stock cover.

Last edited by jack0890; 07-11-2011 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Added info
Old 07-11-2011, 08:15 PM
ZeroFiveFour
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BCKNBLK
That part number says "fits evolution 1340 and twin cam equipped models with stock air cleaner (except 08 and later Dyna)" Don't think it will work. When I do a search on my model the only air cleaner trim cover that shows up don't have the bolt pattern that the kit I have has.

I think I am just going to exchange it for kit 29406-08 which is used with the stock air box and order the air cleaner trim cover I want. Seems to much of a hassle to try and find one I like that fits the open air SE Stage 1.
Bro,

DONT GIVE UP. It is simple to get the set up you want...

I have the same set up you are trying to go with.
It is so simple..

1: keep the se air filter back plate you have, part number 29773-02C
2: get the air cleaner insert, part number 29417-04 (COMES WITH mount adapter, 5 minute install).

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

3: You are good to go.

pm me if you need any install help or other assistance finding the right parts etc...

Here is a few pics of my bike with the set up...

Cheers,

Tom

Last edited by ZeroFiveFour; 07-11-2011 at 08:21 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:08 PM
coop creek
Road Captain
Received 115 Likes on 77 Posts

that is a "Derby style cover" that has 5 screws around the perimeter. There is a starfish shaped adapter that fits between the filter and the cover. It has a center hole to attach to the filter and 5 arms to attach to the cover screws, comes with the cover as noted in the above post.

Old 07-11-2011, 09:15 PM
BCKNBLK
Tourer

Originally Posted by ZeroFiveFour
Bro,

DONT GIVE UP. It is simple to get the set up you want...

I have the same set up you are trying to go with.
It is so simple..

1: keep the se air filter back plate you have, part number 29773-02C
2: get the air cleaner insert, part number 29417-04 (COMES WITH mount adapter, 5 minute install).

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

3: You are good to go.

pm me if you need any install help or other assistance finding the right parts etc...

Here is a few pics of my bike with the set up...

Cheers,

Tom

That looks great! I will head to the dealer tomorrow and order that cover. That was my second choice behind the flames cover. Thanks! It wasn't clear that it works with that SE kit number so that's why I wasn't sure - now that I have seen pics and know it works that is all the proof I need. Thanks again so much!!

Cheers!

Bruce

Quick Reply: SE Stage 1 Air Cleaner Cover?