Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best dyna seat for passenger

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 10:50 AM
VA Biker
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best dyna seat for passenger

Took the wife for her first ride. She hates the Fat Bob stock seat. It is really not made for 2 up. I am going to change to the Wide Glide rear fender soon so it would have to work with that.My stock seat works with both fenders but Im not sure they all do.

So what is the best one for 2 up?

BTW ,I did a search ,not sure I understand why when I type in seat in the search I get all kinds of threads that have nothing to do with seats.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:54 AM
TNReb
Advanced

I've been considering other seats myself. Right now I still have the stock seat, so I don't have recommendations... but just a tip - when searching, go to Advanced Search and try limiting your search to "Titles Only". You can find some pretty good older threads that way.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:55 AM
dreamer65
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I would think that if stock seat works with both fenders you should be good to god in what ever seat you choose.
I have a FXDC and i got me a tallboy seat ugly has hell but comfy and the wife never complqains about it.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:58 AM
drnk_n_publick
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the HD Rallyrunner and have never had any passenger complaints on a reasonable run (120 miles or so at a time). I think its one of the better looking 2-up seats out there, however driver comfort isnt the best. I would say the stock solo is more comfy for me. But we all know if the bitcher isnt happy, no one is.

Old 07-07-2011, 11:09 AM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

I just got a C&C Sport Tour seat for two up riding. I had been switching between the stock Fatbob seat and a solo with pillion added. Took the bike out on the 4th of July and was extremely pleased. No comparison between them. I kept asking my girl how the seat was and she always responded positively. After about 150 miles that day we both were happy. I kept commenting to her that I couldn't believe how comfy the seat was. Not one pressure point or area of discomfort. Love it!

Another thing of note with this seat is that it sits you back an inch or so further than the stock seat. I'm 5'11" and it fits perfectly on the Bob...

Old 07-07-2011, 01:01 PM
randalwalker
Advanced

Tried the touring seat... Too ugly. Tried the sundowner... Shoved to far forward. Have the bad lander on now for me. Gonna put the factory solo with the wide passenger pillion for her when we two up. Can't win for losing.

Old 07-07-2011, 02:08 PM
Headwolf
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Sundowner -- Wife loves it
(not the one in my sig)

Old 07-07-2011, 02:53 PM
Harley Tim
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello all... I have a Superglide outfitted with QD fittings. I run a Sundowner solo for me and, a sundowner 2 up for wife with a medium height sissy bar and a big (Office chair sized) cusion. With the 2 up, I'm a little more forward than I like but, wifie loves it! On long ride (2 up) I have here put one hand on my shoulder. When I feel it sliding off, it's time to give her a slap on the side of her butt to wake her up! Heh...heh Both are real comfy... like sitting on a lazyboy.

Old 07-07-2011, 03:04 PM
VA Biker
Tourer

For you guys that vote Sundowner. How tall are you? Im 6:00 . I wear a 32 inseam. I have forward controls. I dont think the wife would do any real long runs so I could probablly live with being a little forward.

Should I get it from my dealer or Ebay? IF Im only going to save $20.00 I will get it from the steeler.

Old 07-07-2011, 05:07 PM
Jllyfsh
Tourer

I got a sundowner... im 5'6". it makes the bike a little tall when stopped at lights but the wife lovs it. I just bought it at the dealer. That way i know im getting the right seat... and the chapter HOG discount. But this choice is yours.

Quick Reply: Best dyna seat for passenger