Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

putting on new rush pipes today. tips?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011 | 05:53 PM
MikeSz
Cruiser

I should have mentioned that I have a 2011 FXDC. I have heard totally inconsistent things about the cats. Some say only the dressers have cats, some the cats are in the mufflers, and some say they are in the head pipes. I have looked at the head pipes and they look very standard from the outside. Wouldn't there be a bulge somewhere in the pipes if there cats?

Old 07-18-2011 | 08:34 PM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Default I already did .. fat lot of good it did LOL

Originally Posted by cjlandry
They probably would if they could. You should write your congress-critter and ask them to reign in the EPA and all that.
congratulations . Nice to see all the cool stuff people do to there bikes here. Nice to see some of the younger guys ditching the sport rockets and going for the HD's too. Gotta keep the bloodline alive!!

Old 07-19-2011 | 09:54 AM
Rush Racing Products
Banned

Originally Posted by MikeSz
I should have mentioned that I have a 2011 FXDC. I have heard totally inconsistent things about the cats. Some say only the dressers have cats, some the cats are in the mufflers, and some say they are in the head pipes. I have looked at the head pipes and they look very standard from the outside. Wouldn't there be a bulge somewhere in the pipes if there cats?
All of the new dressers have cats in the headpipes, the Fatbob and Wide glide have them in the headpipes, all other models with cats have them in the mufflers.

We do not recommend using a fuel management system with any bike containing a catalytic convertor in the headpipe. There are two reasons for this. First is the cat provides all the required backpressure for the stock system to recalibrate. Second, if you use a fuel management system to richen the air to fuel ratio, more unburt gas will hit the convertor causing excessive exhaust heat that can discolor the chrome or damage black finishes.
We recommend the larger baffle sizes on cat equipped bikes because the smaller baffle sizes will restrict the exhaust which has been super heated by the cat and this can lead to chrome discoloration. The cat also provides the backpressure so a larger baffle can be used with no low end performance loss. The cat restricts the sound so you will have to increase the baffle size 0.50" to get close to the same sound on a bike with open headers.
Please keep in mind these are guidelines and there are many variables when it comes to tuning after installing upgrades. Feel free to contact us with any questions.
Hope this info helps explain things a bit.
-Ryan

Last edited by Rush Racing Products; 07-19-2011 at 09:56 AM.
Old 07-19-2011 | 12:19 PM
MikeSz
Cruiser

Thanks Ryan. That clears it up for me. I did the right thing, for once! The Rush 2" baloney cuts look and sound awesome on my 2011 SGC! The look is flawless!

Old 07-19-2011 | 06:08 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member

So Ryan, since I have a 2011 dyna superglide and have the rush slip ons, I am now completely catless, correct?

Old 07-20-2011 | 09:48 AM
Rush Racing Products
Banned

Originally Posted by rooti
So Ryan, since I have a 2011 dyna superglide and have the rush slip ons, I am now completely catless, correct?
You are correct. Thanks for choosing Rush!
Ryan

Old 07-20-2011 | 07:52 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member

Thanks you for giving my harley a full header pipe sound with just slip ons. I was very surprised the first time I fired up the bike.