Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

putting on new rush pipes today. tips?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011 | 08:56 PM
WideGlide_J
|
Intermediate

Originally Posted by WillieB2011FatBob
Ok, I just ordered my Rush slip on's from the eBay site given by WideGlideJ....so we shall see. :-) Thanks for the lead!!
definitely post back here once you get 'em put on, lemme know what you think

Old 07-13-2011 | 01:59 PM
Rush Racing Products
Banned

Just saw all the posts on here about Rush. Thanks for the positive feedback and let me know if you have any questions. It appears forum members have answered most but we are here if you need any information.
-Ryan

Old 07-13-2011 | 02:27 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member

Hey rush, seems like its common to have decel pop on your slip ons with the 2 and 2.25 baffles. I love the sound of my 2.25 and have richened up the bike. Do you think more air in will help?

Old 07-13-2011 | 03:09 PM
Rush Racing Products
Banned

Originally Posted by rooti
Hey rush, seems like its common to have decel pop on your slip ons with the 2 and 2.25 baffles. I love the sound of my 2.25 and have richened up the bike. Do you think more air in will help?
Note: 2010-2011 stock headpipes have a catalytic converter. On these models we recommend keeping the stock air cleaner, using the 2.25" baffle and no tuning.

It will most likely make things worse if you add more air. The 2.00" on a stock bike with no catalytic converter and stock air cleaner is right under the line of causing a decel pop on most bikes. The 2.25 is too free flowing to install without tuning. Once you add a high flow air cleaner with either baffle size a fuel management system will be required... assuming you have open head pipes.

Another thing that can cause pop are exhaust leaks. We use a thicker ga steel than most other manufacturers which means the muffler clamps must be torqued to 65 lbs and new ones used every time.
Please keep in mind that alot of people consider the normal flutter, with aftermarket pipes on decel, as popping simply because the stock mufflers prevent you from hearing it. I define a decel pop as a very loud backfire. I'm not saying you don't know the difference but simply wanted to point that out for any new riders who might also read this.

Last edited by Rush Racing Products; 07-13-2011 at 03:12 PM.
Old 07-14-2011 | 08:47 AM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member

I have a 2011 ndyna so I do have the catalytic converters but I have also installed XEID's. From what your saying, I just have a flutter and no decel pop so can I add a free flow filter since I have already richened up the motor?

Old 07-14-2011 | 10:15 AM
Rush Racing Products
Banned

Originally Posted by rooti
I have a 2011 ndyna so I do have the catalytic converters but I have also installed XEID's. From what your saying, I just have a flutter and no decel pop so can I add a free flow filter since I have already richened up the motor?
I can not say 100% that the XEID's will work with that setup but I have seen posts from other forum members stating it worked great for them. Here is some info I found on the XEID's. They state it will work with exhaust and air cleaner upgrades.

Upgraded exhaust systems including slip-on mufflers and full exhaust changes, and air cleaner upgrades are compatible with the XiED(tm) upgrade.

Recommended for HD bikes with OEM emissions downloads. These include
• TC96, TC96 Stage 1
• TC103, TC103 Stage 1, TC103 Stage 2
• TC110, SE CVO 110
• XL 883, XL 1200, XR1200, all XL Stage 1

Riders can quickly and simply richen the closed loop fuel mixture on your TC96/103/110 engine from the stock 14.6:1 to 13.8:1 AFR. The XiED's will add approximately 8% more fuel to the engine in closed loop operating mode than a similar unequipped vehicle. There is an indirect richening of open loop fuel mixture's through the learning mode or adaptive fuel value action, ensuring these richer 13.8-12.5:1 AFR's are also adjusted in heavy/full throttle situations.
This richer fuel mixture results in benefits that can include:
• Cooler exhaust temperatures
• Reduced engine temperatures
• Improved throttle response
• Less engine ping

Old 07-15-2011 | 08:48 PM
WillieB2011FatBob
6th Gear
Talking Got the Rush's on!

Originally Posted by WideGlide_J
definitely post back here once you get 'em put on, lemme know what you think
WideGlide_J: Well, came home to find my new Rush slip ons waiting at the door. Took maybe 30 minutes to get old ones off and Rush's on. Looking through the Rush pipes had me worried that they'd be too loud......but fired him up and was pleasantly surprised. Had that nice deep, throaty rumble to it but nothing at all close to obnoxious which is JUST what I was hoping for. Took him out for a quick spin around the block and then got the wife and we hit the open road to see what 80 sounded like. Purrs like a tiger......very happy with this! Thanks to Rush for making a quality and affordable product and thanks to you WGJ for the link and head's up!!! I'm hoping to have pictures up soon!!!!!

Old 07-15-2011 | 09:55 PM
Overdose
Intermediate

Just want to double check, i just got my first Harley a 2011 Fat Bob. You are recommending that i get the 2.25 slip ons. Also this will not effect the factory warranty will it?

Last edited by Overdose; 07-15-2011 at 09:58 PM.
Old 07-18-2011 | 08:57 AM
Rush Racing Products
Banned

Originally Posted by Overdose
Just want to double check, i just got my first Harley a 2011 Fat Bob. You are recommending that i get the 2.25 slip ons. Also this will not effect the factory warranty will it?
Correct. You will have to check with your H-D dealership to make sure it will not void any warranties, but I have never seen or hear of anyone having issues.
-Ryan

Old 07-18-2011 | 05:46 PM
MikeSz
Cruiser

Been reading this closely. Is Rush saying that a high flow A/C and 2 inch baffle Rush slip-ons are not recommended even with a proper fuel management system? Is there a problem because of the catalytic converters? I did the Rush slip-ons, 2 inch baffles, Sreamin Eagle Ventilator A/C, and the Sreamin Eagle Race Tuner, and the bike is running great.

Quick Reply: putting on new rush pipes today. tips?