Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sputhe or true track?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 08:59 PM
TXcruzin
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went with Sputhe

Old 07-03-2011, 01:28 AM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by missedem
Does the true track get in the way of where a low mounted oil cooler would be? they both sound like great systems.
The aluminum front mount has deep recesses for the mounting bolts, while the Sputhe's is thinner (steel) with no recessed holes. To mount the cooler on the True Track will require longer bolts and maybe a spacer to fill that recessed space. I think that the motor mount with a longer bolt would be subject to too much stress, plus it will put that cooler out too far for my tastes.

Then, if you even later decide to mount a fan behind the cooler, the whole thing would be sticking out even further. The Sputhe allows both to fit easily and tight to the frame.

Just look at the pics for both, you will see what I mean.

I'm not bad mouthing the TT, it's a great unit, I'm just saying that I would buy the Sputhe if a cooler was in my future.

Old 07-05-2011, 10:44 PM
ggadwa
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Default True-Track or Sputhe

So I was all set to order the True Track, but I do have the HD Oil Cooler and yes it already sticks out a fair bit. I would like to hear from anyone who has the True Track with the HD Cooler???? Or maybe the Site Sponsor True-Track could chime in and give some advice to a 2009 FXDC Owner?????

I am in hopes of getting True Track or Sputhe Stabilizer on before heading to Sturgis!!!!!! The date is getting closer.

GARY

Old 07-06-2011, 04:23 AM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by ggadwa
So I was all set to order the True Track, but I do have the HD Oil Cooler and yes it already sticks out a fair bit. I would like to hear from anyone who has the True Track with the HD Cooler???? Or maybe the Site Sponsor True-Track could chime in and give some advice to a 2009 FXDC Owner?????

I am in hopes of getting True Track or Sputhe Stabilizer on before heading to Sturgis!!!!!! The date is getting closer.

GARY
Did you compare the two side by side to see the difference? Several members have posted close-up photos here in the recent past, but I'm sure that the manufacturer's own sites have photos to give you an idea of how they look. It's pretty obvious that the cooler and stabilizer will be using the same mounting bolts. I've yet to see pics from anyone mounting
a cooler with a stabilizer, but I did it easily. Plus, without pushing the cooler out any further, mounted two cooling fans behind it.

It can probably be done with a TT, but I don't know about interference issues, it will, however, stick out further than with the Sputhe. That is just an undisputable and undeniable fact.

I did a lot of side by side comparisons before making my decision, but it became obvious real quick...The TT was not designed for the mounting of a low oil cooler. I chose the low oil cooler because I knew that I could later mount the Big Sky fans behind it, which is what I did. When later deciding on a stabilizer, I only had one good choice. The Sputhe pushed the cooler out just 1/4" with no problem, but I did need to enlarge an existing hole on the Jaggs cooler mount to fit over one socket head screw. I did this, without removing the cooler, in about a minute.

I have heard incredible stories about True Tracks dedication to customer service, they go way beyond any company I've ever heard of. If that is the way you chose to go, give them a call. Maybe they can machine one of their front stabilizers to fit your HD cooler or advise you on what mods you will need to do.

Old 07-07-2011, 01:58 PM
true-track
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Gary,
The patented design of the Dyna True-Track allows for most oil cooler manufacturers. Harley offers a variety of oil coolers and HD owners, no two alike each have their own preference when it comes to what looks best for their bike. The oil cooler will mount in front of the TT bracket. You can view both the front and rear TT brackets at http://true-track.com/tt_20-30.html. The front bracket is 5/8 thick. A jack is not required when following TT installation instructions but will make the job easier. Mechanical skills are required. As part of our customer service you are welcome to drop by our vendor booth located in Rapid City at the Black Hills HD lot and we will inspect the install and adjust accordingly if needed. If you have any other questions feel free to give the tech line a call at 818-445-6204.
K-

GARY[/quote]

Old 07-07-2011, 08:28 PM
zukeeper
Elite HDF Member

I run a true-track , if you want top notch quality , service and fast shipping , these are the folks !! Although I don't run an oil cooler ( never seen the use for one but then again I run an evo ) I really don't see where there would be a problem mounting one, its a pretty compact unit.
I'll also add that true-track does exactly what it says it does , I am a very impressed and a happy customer

Last edited by zukeeper; 07-07-2011 at 08:33 PM.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:56 PM
stewbeezer
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Here's a link to one way to mount the cooler to the true-track:
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...k-acoming.html

Old 07-08-2011, 06:46 PM
man4mopar
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ggadwa

GARY
I run a true track and have a HD cooler added. Been a good while since I mounted it all but believe I had to modify the cooler bracket by either adding bend or flatening it out, forget which without going out and looking. Anyway I am very happy with both the true track and the oil cooler, far as looks go I dig it.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:46 PM
leafman60
Road Captain
Received 81 Likes on 51 Posts

I ordered a Sputhe stabilizer from Alan Sputhe today. Gosh, I dealt with Alan 25 or 30 years ago on Harley stuff. He has always put out top quality items.

No disrespect to True Track ( I had one on my last Road King) but I think the Sputhe stabilizer for the Dyna just looks better. Not all that clunky-looking aluminum up front.

Functionally, I am sure they do the same thing in the same way.

Old 10-27-2011, 09:40 PM
ChopperPop
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

True-Track is next on my list after I get a different exhaust. I took a 90 degree turn today at some speed and it just feels like my SB could be a bit more rigid in the corners. I know the 16" apes exaggerate the effect but hopefully the Stabilizer will negate it somewhat.

Let us know which you go with and how it works for you.

Quick Reply: sputhe or true track?