Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing Kuryakyn forward controls! Pics please...

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 04:56 PM
love2ride71
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing Kuryakyn forward controls! Pics please...

So with all the great input from the hdforum community, I pulled the trigger on some Kuryakyn extended forward controls for my 07 super glide custom. Im installing them this weekend and I have done all my mods thus far but asking for a little help. Does anyone have some good PICS of what they look like installed on both sides of their bike? If I could get some looks at it then I think I can do it with the instructions. I am not taking the primary off of course! Anyways any pointers and/or pics would be appreciative!

Old 07-02-2011, 01:30 AM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by love2ride71
So with all the great input from the hdforum community, I pulled the trigger on some Kuryakyn extended forward controls for my 07 super glide custom. Im installing them this weekend and I have done all my mods thus far but asking for a little help. Does anyone have some good PICS of what they look like installed on both sides of their bike? If I could get some looks at it then I think I can do it with the instructions. I am not taking the primary off of course! Anyways any pointers and/or pics would be appreciative!
I think you are overthinking this easy to install mod. Just do it! The install will be easy once you lay out the parts and read the instructions. It would take me longer to go out and take the pics, download them, put them into photobucket and post them than it will take for you to install them.

I really can't see how you can screw it up. The adjustments take the most time (about 15 minutes) but they can't be seen in a photo anyway, even then, it takes a quick ride or two to actually figure out if the controls need to be moved up or down. Consequent adjustments take about 5 minutes at most.

I would advise to replace their skinny cotter pins with thicker ones at your first chance, and it doesn't hurt to chase the threads if they bind. Adjust the peg mounts to fold up and back at about a 45 degree angle. Simple stuff.

Old 07-03-2011, 12:31 PM
love2ride71
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got them on and liven! Thanks for all the input and help!

Old 07-03-2011, 12:43 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Here is mine https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...-pictures.html or search for ltcurt33's video

Old 07-04-2011, 01:27 AM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by love2ride71
Got them on and liven! Thanks for all the input and help!
See. These things are easy to do. You save money and get things that work right and fit you.

Next up...bars. Same advice. Just do it, but lay a blanket over the gas tank and keep that master cylinder as horizontal as possible.