Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trading the Fat Bob

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011 | 10:13 PM
2XNightTrain
|
Road Master
Default Trading the Fat Bob

Have not been real enamored with it since I got it home. Made a deal with Rossmeyer in Ormond Beach so I am driving down there early in the AM from my home here near Pensacola and doing the deal. Wish me luck and pray for a safe journey there and back.

Oh yeah, getting an 11 Street Bob, silver.

Old 06-29-2011 | 10:19 PM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member

That story sounded like mine. I never liked my bike since the first day I bought it. I took a great deal,and thought I could be happy. I didn't make that mistake twice,and hopefully you won't either. Good luck with your new bike,and be sure to post some pics.

Old 06-29-2011 | 10:20 PM
Manu
Advanced

be safe. hope ur getting a good deal

Old 06-29-2011 | 10:23 PM
Northern B
Tourer

So what about the Fab Bob did you not care for? Did you have a chance to ride the new Street Bob to compare? Just curious and would appreciate your comments. If I were to get a new bike it would most likely be a Streetglide but I would still keep my current bike. Good luck with the trip, ride safe and enjoy the new ride!
B

Last edited by Northern B; 06-29-2011 at 10:27 PM.
Old 06-29-2011 | 10:29 PM
Bfisher1970
Cruiser

Congrats on the new ride from another Pensacola '11 Street Bob rider

Old 06-29-2011 | 10:34 PM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member

I love my 2011 Streetbob . handles and runs great. Be prepared for the head pipes to run hot since they have catalytic converters in the head pipes now. gonna fix that this week with new pipes. otherwise im totally happy with this bike. I love the black denim finish. they sell some stuff at the hd shop for that finish exclusively . just spray it on and wipe it off . Cleans up easy. Looks great .

Old 06-29-2011 | 10:41 PM
racertb
Advanced

Originally Posted by missedem
I love my 2011 Streetbob . handles and runs great. Be prepared for the head pipes to run hot since they have catalytic converters in the head pipes now. gonna fix that this week with new pipes. otherwise im totally happy with this bike. I love the black denim finish. they sell some stuff at the hd shop for that finish exclusively . just spray it on and wipe it off . Cleans up easy. Looks great .
I've been using glass cleaner (Windex or similar) on my black denim Fat Bob for the last two years on the finish and chrome...works and looks great!

Old 06-30-2011 | 12:09 PM
FXDF MYK
Cruiser

I use amonia and water mix to clean mine, works great

Old 06-30-2011 | 02:33 PM
08fxdf43202
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by WestFloridaHogRida
Have not been real enamored with it since I got it home. Made a deal with Rossmeyer in Ormond Beach so I am driving down there early in the AM from my home here near Pensacola and doing the deal. Wish me luck and pray for a safe journey there and back.

Oh yeah, getting an 11 Street Bob, silver.
Originally Posted by metfancowboy
That story sounded like mine. I never liked my bike since the first day I bought it. I took a great deal,and thought I could be happy. I didn't make that mistake twice,and hopefully you won't either. Good luck with your new bike,and be sure to post some pics.
I think you might be spending more time looking at your bike rather than riding your bike.
I never really liked the look of the FB rear fender & tommy gun exhaust but I've always enjoyed the 130mm front wheel, wide glide forks, dual front brakes & 32* rake... all 40,000+ miles of them.

Old 06-30-2011 | 02:40 PM
2011Deluxe
Banned

I hear ya. I went in looking at Fatbob's but came out with my Street Bob. After a test drive I knew that the Street Bob was what I wanted and I am sure that you will be happy with your decision.

Quick Reply: Trading the Fat Bob