Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trading the Fat Bob

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011 | 10:35 PM
2XNightTrain
|
Road Master

Dang Muddy, I missed on the ride down and back LOL....

Anyhow folks, home safe and sound after 844 miles of riding. If you've never been to Rossmeyer's in Daytona, GO!!!

Thanks to TJ and Kristin at Rossmeyer's!!!!!

I'll try to get some pics up after the weekend.

Old 07-01-2011 | 10:44 PM
2XNightTrain
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by CSS_FXD
You bought a bike you never liked to start with? Well good luck in your swap for a new bob.

Unfortunately, I think that bike got traded in for some obvious reasons. On the ride home with it from Birmingham (Heart of Dixie HD), the rear seat bolt just fell out. For a day or so I could not understand why I kept hearing a "whirring sound" when I revved it up. Then the little piece just behind the voltage regulator popped out of its holder as well. It rode VERY rough except at speed and shook like an earthquake at idle. The forward controls were just not comfortable and I had bought mid pegs for it (took them off and they are for sale) and I was still not pleased.

If I am going to spend the money, I will have something I like and not just something I settle for, ya know? Anyhow, got a few hundred dollars as well in parts money and used some of it to buy an intake for the stage one I hope to complete by Christmas.

Old 07-01-2011 | 10:48 PM
bobgv
Road Warrior

Rode both street bob and fat bob and imho the street bob felt like a toy compared to the Fat Bob. But everyone is different and when I sat on the Fatty I knew it was for me. So to each their own. Good luck with the street bob

Last edited by bobgv; 07-01-2011 at 10:49 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-02-2011 | 01:06 AM
CSS_FXD
Road Warrior

Thanks Muddy
And westflorida glad you like the new ride! I too would have done the same with those issues! Ride safe and enjoy!

Old 07-02-2011 | 05:59 AM
Zig Zag 2010
Outstanding HDF Member

-----------

Last edited by Zig Zag 2010; 11-02-2011 at 12:09 AM.
Old 07-02-2011 | 06:04 AM
Tnbrit
Road Captain

Originally Posted by WestFloridaHogRida
Unfortunately, I think that bike got traded in for some obvious reasons. On the ride home with it from Birmingham (Heart of Dixie HD), the rear seat bolt just fell out. For a day or so I could not understand why I kept hearing a "whirring sound" when I revved it up. Then the little piece just behind the voltage regulator popped out of its holder as well. It rode VERY rough except at speed and shook like an earthquake at idle. The forward controls were just not comfortable and I had bought mid pegs for it (took them off and they are for sale) and I was still not pleased.

If I am going to spend the money, I will have something I like and not just something I settle for, ya know? Anyhow, got a few hundred dollars as well in parts money and used some of it to buy an intake for the stage one I hope to complete by Christmas.
I've said on the Forum a few times(i don't think its a popular comment) if your buying a Dyna,test ride the actual bike you intend to buy.
I've found Dynas in particular differ a lot from bike to bike in the level of vibration,i just traded my 07'FXD for a new FatBob,which has way less vibration at steady throttle speeds,i test rode 4 different FatBobs at different dealers & the one I bought was smoother than the others JMHO.
I think i read in the thread that someone said the Fatbob rake was 32*,i'm pretty sure its the same as the SB & the FXD at 29* .

Old 07-02-2011 | 12:44 PM
08fxdf43202
Road Warrior

I just had my tank off... the frame part number is stamped into the top of the back bone. 29* is stamped under the pn.
The tripple trees may add 3* to equall a total of 32*, I'm not sure.

Old 07-02-2011 | 02:06 PM
edugatyr
Cruiser

you're making a good choice. love my streetbob, too.

Old 07-02-2011 | 10:14 PM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member

glad you got back safe . sounds like you had a great ride back. And dont worry LOL it wont take long till you can quit alternating speeds every once in a bit. the first 1000 miles goes quick. Post pics when you start modifying your bike. Welcome to the SB family . Been the best trade off I ever made so glad you are happy as well. Traded a softail heritage for a dyna streetbob. Im sure some people thought I was crazy but for me it was the right move. Gotta do what is right for you.

I decided id rather have a fun, zippy, great handling bike than a fire breathing bike that didnt handle very good. I loved the heritage , lots of road trips on it. Cant wait to put lots of miles on the dyna.

Old 07-02-2011 | 10:48 PM
neocontra
Banned

Originally Posted by Zig Zag 2010
I apologize for the previous hijack.
I hope your new Street Bob gives you years of trouble free service.

Quick Reply: Trading the Fat Bob