Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trading the Fat Bob

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011 | 02:42 PM
Deer Stalker
Road Master

This is interesting, I took a Fat Bob out for a test ride today (current ride is a 2010 Ultra Ltd) I'm 5'8" and found it quite a stretch to reach the foot pegs so I was kinda uncomfortable compared to my normanl ride.

I liked the ride itself, the front end and and the brakes. I felt the bars off a wide glide would have been a better fit after I'd sat on that. Perhaps with a solo seat I'll be forward more and that may help the stretched arms too.

Old 06-30-2011 | 02:46 PM
DSnoopy
Elite HDF Member

To me, Street Bobs and Fat Bobs are like the Irish and Scottish. Different only to eachother, but really all apples.

Get what makes you happy in life.

Old 06-30-2011 | 02:55 PM
CSS_FXD
Road Warrior

You bought a bike you never liked to start with? Well good luck in your swap for a new bob.

Old 06-30-2011 | 09:10 PM
Chicago Ken
Road Warrior

Good Luck with your new Street Bob. I hope it fits you better than the Fat Bob. Both bikes have a different seating positions. I guess that makes a big difference between the two bikes. I felted like my knees were in my chest with the Street Bob's mid-controls. For me I like the forward streched out position of the Fat-Bob. The mids would be good for riding around the city but I like to strecth out and cruise. Did you try fitting your Fat-Bob with mid's, might make a difference.

Old 07-01-2011 | 10:28 AM
reclaimer53
Tourer

I demoed a new wide glide a month ago and can't stop thinking about trading in my Fat bob for one.

Old 07-01-2011 | 10:43 AM
editbrain
Road Warrior

My buddy has a Fat Bob 2009 model. I have a 2010 Street Bob. There are things I like about his bike, but less that I don't like about my bike. Meaning I love my SB.

I did put a Fat Bob seat on my Street Bob. Made a world of difference. I also could not live without my mid-controls that come on the Street Bob. As for strut covers and shock covers. Meh! My buddy wishes his were gone. Probably will be soon.

I have ridden his bike once for about 4 miles. Nice bike. Handled good, but just not my cup of motorcycle. The weight distribution was wrong for me.

You can take any part off of either, and install it on the other without any modification. They are the same frame.

Last edited by editbrain; 07-01-2011 at 10:46 AM.
Old 07-01-2011 | 10:55 AM
racertb
Advanced

Originally Posted by editbrain
My buddy has a Fat Bob 2009 model. I have a 2010 Street Bob. There are things I like about his bike, but less that I don't like about my bike. Meaning I love my SB.

I did put a Fat Bob seat on my Street Bob. Made a world of difference. I also could not live without my mid-controls that come on the Street Bob. As for strut covers and shock covers. Meh! My buddy wishes his were gone. Probably will be soon.

I have ridden his bike once for about 4 miles. Nice bike. Handled good, but just not my cup of motorcycle. The weight distribution was wrong for me.

You can take any part off of either, and install it on the other without any modification. They are the same frame.

Funny, I put a Street Bob seat on my Fat Bob...I like the looks/lines on the bike.

Either way, they're all cool bikes in their own way...to each his own...just have fun with 'em and be safe!

Old 07-01-2011 | 01:09 PM
JCleary
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by missedem
I love my 2011 Streetbob . handles and runs great. Be prepared for the head pipes to run hot since they have catalytic converters in the head pipes now. gonna fix that this week with new pipes. otherwise im totally happy with this bike. I love the black denim finish. they sell some stuff at the hd shop for that finish exclusively . just spray it on and wipe it off . Cleans up easy. Looks great .

That's a negative Ghostrider...

They're in the slip-ons. I pulled my stock pipes off only due to them dragging in right hand sweepers. I installed some V&H Straightshots HS instead. Now only the muffler support bar drags in extreme turns.

Anyway, the catalytic converter is clearly visible in the stock muffler.

Old 07-01-2011 | 01:10 PM
JCleary
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by WestFloridaHogRida
Have not been real enamored with it since I got it home. Made a deal with Rossmeyer in Ormond Beach so I am driving down there early in the AM from my home here near Pensacola and doing the deal. Wish me luck and pray for a safe journey there and back.

Oh yeah, getting an 11 Street Bob, silver.
You'll love it! Had I ridden a Dyna before buying my Street Glide, I would have purchased the Dyna first...

Old 07-01-2011 | 09:30 PM
mud
muderator

moved a buncha crap to the Day Care.

Quick Reply: Trading the Fat Bob