Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Late Model Dyna Front Tire Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 02:11 PM
dynabobster
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BlockHead96
I've got around or close to 7K on the 502 front and it's about to show the wear bar. I've got about 5-6K on the rear 180 502 and appears to have at least 3K more to go, if I'm lucky. It sounds to me like the Pirelli ND and Dunflop tires may be of similar compound make up, according to mileage wear. I don't want to really mix tires, but have no problem doing so, since most are Bias anyway. I'm trying to find tire deminsions for the 100/90 front on the Pirelli ND, no such luck yet..
I have not tried the GT 502s , but I have read where those who have run both the GT 502 and NDs have said the NDs stick better.
The Avon Storm 2 Ultra is a Radial and Avon recommends running the Venom front with it and state that it is ok to run a Radial on the rear and Bias on the front, no mention of running the opposite though. I am running the AVON Radial on the rear and ND Bias on the front with no issues.
100/90-19 TL 57H N Dragon F
Preferred Rim Width 2.50
Allowed Rim Width 2.15-2.75
Width 101mm/ 3.98"
Diameter 663mm/ 26.1"
Tire Pressure 38-42

Old 06-28-2011, 02:18 PM
dynabobster
Tourer

Originally Posted by nevil
The Avon 110 fit fine under the fender of my Street Bob. It just made the fender look too small, kinda of like Oprah with a thong. So I changed fenders, but I'm pretty sure it will fit yours.
Why I am thinking of going with the 100/90 Venom since it is wider than most 100/90s which will fill out the fender a little better, but not go over board like the 110.

Old 06-28-2011, 02:34 PM
fxdx-fly-by
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Say what????? LOL
true story, ill take a pic right now..
give me 10 minutes

Attached Thumbnails Late Model Dyna Front Tire Question-p6270421.jpg   Late Model Dyna Front Tire Question-p6270419.jpg  

Last edited by fxdx-fly-by; 06-28-2011 at 02:57 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:13 PM
dynabobster
Tourer

Originally Posted by fxdx-fly-by
true story, ill take a pic right now..
give me 10 minutes
They make them at the same plant in Brazil, but they are not necessarily the same compounds, etc.
Personally, I don't like the tread pattern of the ME 880 Metzelers, more like a pseudo- dual purpose tread if you ask me.

Old 06-28-2011, 04:23 PM
BlockHead96
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dynabobster
Why I am thinking of going with the 100/90 Venom since it is wider than most 100/90s which will fill out the fender a little better, but not go over board like the 110.

I'm wanting a little wider to handle the Tar Snakes and rain grooves better, besides, the roads in Commiefornia suck! I don't think the 110's are overkill at all, the Dyna tires are just to lame small to begin with!

Old 06-28-2011, 05:15 PM
dynabobster
Tourer

I'm wanting a little wider to handle the Tar Snakes and rain grooves better, besides, the roads in Commiefornia suck! I don't think the 110's are overkill at all, the Dyna tires are just to lame small to begin with!
Commiefornia and bad roads, how ironic. If it were Commiefornia, we would probably actually have decent roads since it is neo-conservatism that impedes the ability to rebuild our decaying infrastructure, but I digress.

Old 06-28-2011, 05:19 PM
BlockHead96
Outstanding HDF Member

No, just dumb *** Liberals, it's that plain simple. And yeah, old Arrrnie was/is a Liberal! Nothing changes here in Liberal Land!

Old 08-01-2011, 04:30 PM
billwaldron
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pirelli Night Dragon Tires Bad luck with them

Bike is 2006 Dyna Wide Glide. The factory OEM Dunlops cupped, vibrated, had poor traction in corners, etc. I read all the reviews and blogs I could find and Pirelli Night Dragons were recommended. The Pirelli front 21 inch tire was a vast improvement in handling and all, UNTIL 2000 miles when vibration became intolerable, tires were cupping, developed bulges, and the tire developed a 2 1/2 inch longitudinal crack in the tread. It felt like riding on a mushy, almost flat tire, even with 40psi. I think the plies were separating. I purchased front and back Night Dragon tires thru Motorcycle Superstore and their warranty process is expensive and time consuming...not worth all the trouble..After more research and wanting a good tire with a warranty, I settled on and am paying more for the Dunlop Screamin Eagle GT 502. Never again will I take a chance on the Pirellis....could have been a major crash and burn......as the crack showed up and developed quickly.....

Old 08-01-2011, 07:07 PM
BlockHead96
Outstanding HDF Member

Interesting to say the least. The Dunlop front tires are **** for sure, even the GT502 front. I run both front and rear 502's and the front is just about shot with close to 6K miles on them. I will admit, the rear 502 has been preforming well, no issues at all. I have a Set of Night Dragons in my garage waiting for the change. My front 502 wears uneven and has signs of cupping, as did my OEM, but it hasn't resulted in vibration yet!. I believe the real issue at hand, with front tires on the Dyna's are, the Dyna wheels are just to damn small in the width department.

Old 08-02-2011, 03:48 AM
Geofffxdwg
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an 07 FXDWG I have been through countless tires then I tried the DUNLOP Roadsmart Street Motorcycle Tire for my rear and a comparable Dunlap for the front 21".I will never use anything else.Not only does my back tire now last more than a year compared to 3 a year before and I ride like an old man.My FXDWG handles twice as good as it ever has brand new.

Quick Reply: Late Model Dyna Front Tire Question