Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

got my del rey installed

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 04:02 PM
1HD1C
Stellar HDF Member
Received 190 Likes on 141 Posts

forgot to mention, we did 150 miles of very spirited riding yesterday morning and i still got 50mpg with it installed.

Old 06-28-2011, 01:01 AM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1HD1C
i notice that a lot of you guys that bitch about windshields just go from one bar to another and consider that riding, anyone that does anything else should have a dresser.
thankfully we dont ALL think like you do
It's also a lot easier to remove a windshield than 200 pounds of accessories.

The follow the crowd mentality of some of the supposed purists is getting old. If windshields are too advanced for you, why don't you buy a hardtail?

If you ever hit a pheasant or even a bumble bee at 80 MPH you would concede your "macho" stance, if you survived, but I doubt if you ever venture outside of the city to begin with. The mostly untraveled country roads in my area haven't already been "cleared" by thousands of passing motorists. Having a windshield to duck under has saved my life a few times.

Old 06-28-2011, 06:50 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

man if your area is that bad you should be driving a truck not a h.d and as far\ as not putting miles without a windshield just because i don`t like your shield on a dyna dosen`t mean i don`t put miles on average 7800 a year, its just my opion i respect yours, no need to slam someone when you don`t hear what you like diden`t mean to hurt your feelings

Old 06-28-2011, 11:17 PM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wideglidebob
man if your area is that bad you should be driving a truck not a h.d and as far\ as not putting miles without a windshield just because i don`t like your shield on a dyna dosen`t mean i don`t put miles on average 7800 a year, its just my opion i respect yours, no need to slam someone when you don`t hear what you like diden`t mean to hurt your feelings
By the content of your recent posts on different issues:

If you want more power, Bob says buy a crotch rocket.
If you want a windshield, Bob says buy a bagger.
If you want handling, Bob says buy a sport bike.
If bugs or birds are an issue, Bob says buy a truck.

So, Bob, if Dyna's are only good for bar hopping, why don't you just call a cab?

If you actually respect the opinions of other's, then what's up with your attitude? You turn up like a turd in a punch bowl all too often.

Old 06-29-2011, 05:51 AM
redrubicon2004
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

not into shields on wg, why diden`t you just buy a b agger
You ever hear that saying if you dont have anything nice to say.....Keep your f*ckin mouth shut? I see all kinds of stuff on here that I think looks like crap and I dont say anything. Just because its not my thing doesnt mean I should tell someone that or tell them to get a different bike.

Old 06-29-2011, 05:59 AM
redrubicon2004
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by HemiOrange
If you actually respect the opinions of other's, then what's up with your attitude? You turn up like a turd in a punch bowl all too often.
I'm trying to figure out why he is even here. Its not like he is a very constructive member of the forum, most of his posts are rude, short or just plain pointless. I guess every forum needs a guy like that.....We found him.

Old 06-29-2011, 12:19 PM
1HD1C
Stellar HDF Member
Received 190 Likes on 141 Posts

its just my opion i respect yours, no need to slam someone when you don`t hear what you like diden`t mean to hurt your feelings
DUDE you didnt hurt my feelings but you contradict yourself with the above statement, especially what is highlighted in bold
by saying

not into shields on wg, why diden`t you just buy a b agger
why didnt i just buy a bagger? if you truly respected others opinions
you would have stopped at
"not into shields on wg" and then added to each his own.

but you made it clear that anyone that rides with a windscreen/shield
should have a bagger

Old 06-30-2011, 05:02 PM
motolocopat
Road Captain

Originally Posted by 1HD1C
i notice that a lot of you guys that bitch about windshields just go from one bar to another and consider that riding, anyone that does anything else should have a dresser.
thankfully we dont ALL think like you do
+1 agreed

Old 06-30-2011, 05:10 PM
motolocopat
Road Captain

7800 yearly miles divided by 325 trips to bar = 24 miles round trip. wideglidebobs home is 10 to 12 miles from his home

Old 06-30-2011, 05:13 PM
RDFXDF
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The shield looks very good. Personally having a windshield reduces fatigue and allows me to ride more so its a win/win situation. My Fat Bob looks slightly better without the windshield but I didn't buy it for looks alone.

Quick Reply: got my del rey installed