Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed Burly Slammer shocks on Street Bob..Awesome Modification!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 11:41 PM
ltcurt33
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is how I plan to fix the kickstand issue...I bought a -1" kickstand on eBay from Rob's Cycle Supply for $48.99. His store has over 60K feedback so I'd say he's reliable. I received the stand exactly 3 days after auction close..

Here is his eBay ID: robw23

Here is what the listing title is:

1991-2009 FXD DYNA CHROME KICKSTAND -1" INCH SHORTER

Old 06-18-2011, 11:47 PM
Reaper_ggy
Road Master

Originally Posted by ltcurt33
Here is how I plan to fix the kickstand issue...I bought a -1" kickstand on eBay from Rob's Cycle Supply for $48.99. His store has over 60K feedback so I'd say he's reliable. I received the stand exactly 3 days after auction close..

Here is his eBay ID: robw23

Here is what the listing title is:

1991-2009 FXD DYNA CHROME KICKSTAND -1" INCH SHORTER
I ordered a truck load of stuff from there, Never got any issues and he ships F*** fast

Old 06-18-2011, 11:56 PM
ltcurt33
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Reaper_ggy
I ordered a truck load of stuff from there, Never got any issues and he ships F*** fast

Yes, he's a good eBay seller. I saw pics of a Wide Glide with the Burly kit and all I can say is f*ck yeah!!!! I might pick up a new Wide Glide next year if all goes well and the first thing I'm doing is slamming it. If you never saw the pic just google it. It's awesome!

Old 06-19-2011, 08:37 AM
Reaper_ggy
Road Master

Yes, he's a good eBay seller. I saw pics of a Wide Glide with the Burly kit and all I can say is f*ck yeah!!!! I might pick up a new Wide Glide next year if all goes well and the first thing I'm doing is slamming it. If you never saw the pic just google it. It's awesome!
If you install the fork spring let me know i wonder what it looks like, I'm not planning on buying it but who knows ... once you start playing with those damn bike you cant stop

Old 06-19-2011, 10:22 AM
ltcurt33
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Reaper_ggy
If you install the fork spring let me know i wonder what it looks like, I'm not planning on buying it but who knows ... once you start playing with those damn bike you cant stop
Okay I'm sure I'll litter the forum with pics. If you do get the spring kit make sure you get drop in's! I accidently bought non drop in's and I have to take the forks apart to install them...if I bought drop in's the would already be in. I kind of like the look without the springs though so I'm in no hurry to put them in.

Old 06-19-2011, 09:59 PM
CSS_FXD
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Want to buy them in a couple weeks? They might be for sale soon!!

Those bars came on the bike when I bought it gently used....so as far as specs I have no clue. I know the bars haven't been on the bike long...a couple months. I'm not a T-Bar person. They look effin sweet but I'm not into chrome or T-bars. I like a bar that comes to me instead of reaching. Personally, I'd say if my arms were and inch or two longer they would be a lot better. I have to reach a little bit. I pass this big glass building and I look like this riding < since my legs are on forwards and I have a bend to reach the bars..that is why I am going to apes with a little lean my way. The bike came with mids so it wasn't bad at all but now I want something to sit me upright a little bit more.
Sure let me know your price! Are they a 1 1/4 bar? I have apes now just want a diff look but apes are super comfy....

Old 06-19-2011, 11:13 PM
ltcurt33
Cruiser

Originally Posted by CSS_FXD
Sure let me know your price! Are they a 1 1/4 bar? I have apes now just want a diff look but apes are super comfy....
What are the specs on your apes? If they are chrome I wouldn't be interested ...if black maybe trade or work something out. I'm hoping to order new bars and risers this week.

I will measure the bars tomorrow and let you know. They are pretty thick bars. I'd say 1 1/4 but I will double check to make sure. Also, I need to see if they are 6" rise or 8" rise. They do look pretty bad *** to be honest. The bars, oil pressure gauge, slammed fender and new intake make it look like a hot rod...but I'm trying to get the old school image going. My buddy told me tonight that he loved them because they were so thick and "beefy". I like them but as stated I need the bars to come back to me more. We only did 116 miles today and my back hurts from leaning over. Remember, I am vertically challenged haha.

Old 06-19-2011, 11:20 PM
ltcurt33
Cruiser

227 mile update on the Burly Slammer Shocks...

I put 116 miles on the shocks today and all I can say is amazing!! The bike handles so much better than stock. I like being able to flat foot the ground every place I stop. When I told my buddy to get them he started out the day saying "I have progressives" then changed to "I don't know I think I might like these more" after he rode the bike...They really are a good investment for vertically challenged folks or for someone who wants to change the stance of their bikes for just the good looks. Overall, I remain very impressed!

Last edited by ltcurt33; 06-19-2011 at 11:22 PM.
Old 06-19-2011, 11:25 PM
ltcurt33
Cruiser

Originally Posted by CSS_FXD
More Bar pics for CSS_FXD...pics are from before Burly shocksInstalled Burly Slammer shocks on Street Bob..Awesome Modification!-21121capture.jpgInstalled Burly Slammer shocks on Street Bob..Awesome Modification!-2011-05-01-12.20.45.jpg

Last edited by ltcurt33; 06-19-2011 at 11:28 PM.