Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed Burly Slammer shocks on Street Bob..Awesome Modification!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 11:06 PM
ltcurt33
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by djack
looks good ,where did you get your kickstand?
I sent you a message on another post to let you know where I got the kickstand. Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Old 06-18-2011, 11:09 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

You bet! I am pretty much done for now, might do a 2 tone paint job end of the riding season, I will try to make it the way I like till I max out my credit cards. See ya!

Originally Posted by ltcurt33
I saw you on some of my other posts..it seems as though we have the same ideas in our head...I have a feeling I'm going to really really like your bike!

Old 06-18-2011, 11:14 PM
ltcurt33
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 128auto
You bet! I am pretty much done for now, might do a 2 tone paint job end of the riding season, I will try to make it the way I like till I max out my credit cards. See ya!

Haha good luck with that. I don't do the credit thing. If I can't pay cash I don't buy it..that included buying the bike. Luckily I was recently deployed so 5 weeks of combat pay got me a new bike. I buy one new part every two weeks on average. No more than $200.00 per transaction. This is the only way I can prevent myself from doing everything at once. My buddy just told me this evening that I won't have any mods to do next year if I don't slow down...my response..."sell the stuff on eBay and start over...you are never done"!

Last edited by ltcurt33; 06-18-2011 at 11:18 PM.
Old 06-18-2011, 11:24 PM
Reaper_ggy
Road Master

Hey guys,

I said a while back I was going to install the Burly Slammer shocks and well today I finally did. I only installed the rear shocks. The Progressive fork kit is laying in the garage. I'll wait till a rainy or perhaps snowy day to tear the front end off. Here are some pics.

As for ride..it's awesome! I think it rides better than stock. The bike feels more solid going over bumps which I like. I rode it pretty hard on a bad road and it was very comfortable. The kickstand issue got me when I stopped to eat. I have a -1" replacement kick stand in the garage and I will have to install it. The bike sits upright a good bit and it was hard to get the kick stand down in the sloped parking lot. My concern went away when I got compliments on it.
Attachment 192229
Attachment 192230
Attachment 192231
Attachment 192232
Saw-eeeeet , hahahahaha didnt tought about the damn stand.
I've been keeping an eye on those for a long time and They look great, on e-bay they're 168 + shipping, around 200, how much / where did you get them ?

Old 06-18-2011, 11:34 PM
ltcurt33
Cruiser

I got them from American Classic Motors on eBay. I've been to their shop in person which is awesome and they are good about getting you the order on time....only if it is in stock...they are the cheapest for sure but you need to call and ask Joe if they are in stock. I originally ordered the shocks in April and they were back ordered with AMC. Next I ordered from Burly directly, for an extra $40.00, who tried to fill the order with J&P Cycles. I was willing to pay the money but then cancelled the order through Burly, called Joe, and reordered through AMC the day their stock arrived. It was a wait but it was worth it!

Old 06-18-2011, 11:36 PM
ltcurt33
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Reaper_ggy
Saw-eeeeet , hahahahaha didnt tought about the damn stand.
I've been keeping an eye on those for a long time and They look great, on e-bay they're 168 + shipping, around 200, how much / where did you get them ?

I paid $166.95 shipped to my door with AMC. When buying Black Burly Slammer shocks you have to buy the progressive spring kit separate. I picked the spring kit up for $80.00 on eBay.

Old 06-18-2011, 11:37 PM
Reaper_ggy
Road Master

I got them from American Classic Motors on eBay. I've been to their shop in person which is awesome and they are good about getting you the order on time....only if it is in stock...they are the cheapest for sure but you need to call and ask Joe if they are in stock. I originally ordered the shocks in April and they were back ordered with AMC. Next I ordered from Burly directly, for an extra $40.00, who tried to fill the order with J&P Cycles. I was willing to pay the money but then cancelled the order through Burly, called Joe, and reordered through AMC the day their stock arrived. It was a wait but it was worth it!
So how much they quoted ?

Old 06-18-2011, 11:38 PM
Reaper_ggy
Road Master

Nevermind you answered while I asked

Old 06-18-2011, 11:40 PM
Reaper_ggy
Road Master

I paid $166.95 shipped to my door with AMC. When buying Black Burly Slammer shocks you have to buy the progressive spring kit separate. I picked the spring kit up for $80.00 on eBay.
Yeah most e-bayer ship free to the states ... Hey i'm youre north neighbor and still pay F*** shipping even from NY that is what 7hours away

Old 06-18-2011, 11:40 PM
Reaper_ggy
Road Master

What difference does it make ??

Quick Reply: Installed Burly Slammer shocks on Street Bob..Awesome Modification!