Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealership trade in offer....opinions please...

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 08:51 PM
trip20
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by perki48
If I would have been offered that I would have been riding a Limited. But am very Happy with my Wide Glide.
They actually gave me 3 offers.

Offer #1: $10k for my bike traded in on a used 2010 Street Glide with 1800 miles I was interested in and why I contacted the dealership in the first place.

Offer #2: $11.5k for my bike traded in on a new 2011 Road Glide.

Offer #3: $12k for my bike traded in on a new 2011 Road Glide Ultra. They threw this offer in because as he put it, "we are having a hard time selling the Road Glide Ultra".

A small part of me regrets not trading in, but I can't come to grips with having a fairing and bags hanging off of my bike full time. Being able to go back and forth is why I love my bike.

Old 06-15-2011, 09:09 PM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,438 Likes on 2,039 Posts

Originally Posted by Wyde Glyde Bry
They actually gave me 3 offers.

Offer #1: $10k for my bike traded in on a used 2010 Street Glide with 1800 miles I was interested in and why I contacted the dealership in the first place.

Offer #2: $11.5k for my bike traded in on a new 2011 Road Glide.

Offer #3: $12k for my bike traded in on a new 2011 Road Glide Ultra. They threw this offer in because as he put it, "we are having a hard time selling the Road Glide Ultra".

A small part of me regrets not trading in, but I can't come to grips with having a fairing and bags hanging off of my bike full time. Being able to go back and forth is why I love my bike.
I understand that. I, like you, have a batwing for my Wide Glide and like the option of taking it off. And since I had to sell my Shovel The Wide Glide is my only ride that I can strip down.

Old 06-15-2011, 09:37 PM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 40,063 Likes on 13,524 Posts

It's the present economy. Harley's were a hot commodity just a few years ago,demand is not what it was then.Still, even with high unemployment and an abundant supply they hold good resale value compared to other brands.I remember when demand exceeded supply,you had to put your name on a list to buy a new Harley a year ahead of time(msr). A bone stock bike is worth as much in trade as one that has been accessorized by the owner. If you want to trade your bike take off the goodies that you paid dearly for and sell them here or online or your local paper. Sorry,that's just how it is.

Old 06-15-2011, 09:44 PM
Speed Kills
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by parts eeter
NOPE...Do what I do. Call the dealer and tell them you want to buy the exact bike you own and watch what they want for it. Then tell them thats what you will take trade in on your bike they lowballed you on. The dealer can make money on EITHER the Sticker price of your new bike OR the Trade In (low trade in AND low sticker) NOT BOTH. This usually gets em stuttering and backpeddling real good.
It's going to make them backpedal alright. Backpedal right out of having anything to do with you. If they can't make money on your trade in AND the sale, you're going to be leaving the dealership on what you rode in on...

Old 06-15-2011, 10:29 PM
j1mmy
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

i asked what they would give me on trade for my bike once, dirty 3 color ridden hard 01 egc ..they raised the price on the bike i was looking at

Old 06-15-2011, 10:50 PM
Crushrus
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they actually offered you a pretty fair deal.
they'd probably put your bike on the floor for $10k and accept $9, which means $500 for detailing it, tuning it up, etc.

question is whther you want a new bike and a new payment. if you do, go for it. if not, who cares what they're offering? don't be a woman, just cause the shoes are on sale, it doesnt mean you need to buy them.

Old 06-15-2011, 11:00 PM
Jbizzle
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I say take the deal and make an extra five hundred off selling your wind shield, engine guard, pegs, and all the other stuff he would let you take off. Bottom line is your bike has low miles, but it is on paper almost 5 years old...

Old 06-15-2011, 11:35 PM
lo-rider
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The dealer's offer sounds very fair.

Old 06-16-2011, 06:52 AM
Maclugie
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds good to me and you won't have to pay sales tax on that 8500 either. What better to spend money on? After paying electric bills, heating fuel bills, gas bills, taxes, insurance bills, and all the other stuff! If you can swing it go for it.

Old 06-16-2011, 07:26 AM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Would your wife ride her own on a long trip or ride on back with you?

Is your wife not interested in your Bob?

It would seem that if she is riding long distance, the Bob would be a better choice than the Sporty...especially if you are going to be on a touring bike.

Quick Reply: Dealership trade in offer....opinions please...