Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 Wide glide vibration

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 10:46 PM
Wide06
Tourer
Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
Default 06 Wide glide vibration

I have been told by a "certified harley mechanic" who just felt the bike through the rpm range in N that I have an abnormal vibration. (i inquired is how he came to be involved)
He also got certified before the 06 changes.

Anyway, I have the normal shake at idle, and when I start riding, it goes away, but starting at 15mph in 1st, 25 in 2, 35-40 in 3, 45-50 in 4, 55 in 5, I get a rapid vibration. not a shake, but more of a feet-tingling buzz-frequency vibration.

The bike has 940 miles on it, and I'm fairly confident that the dealer will blow it off as normal, considering the BS they fed me when I first picked it up brand new. I noticed the tires looked a bit squishy and made an inquiry, and was told that tire pressure was checked that morning at 40 psi front and rear, and that the low air look was normal. well.....pressure was 15 in the front and 20 in the rear when I checked it at home.

Can someone give me some insight one way or the other about the vibration?

thanks.

Old 11-02-2006, 10:53 PM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 06 Wide glide vibration

sounds like an engine mount issue to me. check them out. It doesn't sound like it is generated by the rotation of the wheels. It is probably happening at certain rpm's and that's what makes me think it's the engine mounts.

Good luck

Old 11-03-2006, 02:14 PM
dynasoar
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 06 Wide glide vibration

My wife and I both own 06 dynas. both vibrated excessively from the factory. The rear tire on both were misaligned. Solved the dyna low rider but my super glide still has a serious problem.
Vibration maxes out around 2500rpm. This is the rpm that the manual says you should shift to a higher gear( I installed a tach). if you don't shift you can run up to 3000 rpm and the vibration will decrease.
The following are some of my problems:
Motor mounts were loose , however tightening the mounts has made the vibration more noticable. The front cylinder valves were leaking and have been replaced along with the piston rings being replaced.
I have experience "engine light" on ---faulty sensor. At the present time the engine is sitting on the dealers bench and is being inspected for other misaligned parts eg. crankshaft, drive shaft etc. 20,000Km., still love the beast anyway. goes like a bat out of ____. I am considering putting a screaming eagle 1550 upgrade in the engine--- hope it solves the vibration problem or at least reduces it. I hear all the time---it's a dyna ---it vibrates. ***** G. said we (The customer) want the bike to vibrate -- i don't remember asking for a bike that vibrates.