Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let's keep track of our Superglide Mods

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011 | 07:24 PM
craig11dyna
Tourer

She's a beauty Joe. I see you decided on the V&H pipes. I have not heard them yet so I can't compare to the SE's. Is there much difference?

Old 07-20-2011 | 08:15 PM
Pastor Joe
Intermediate

Originally Posted by craig11dyna
She's a beauty Joe. I see you decided on the V&H pipes. I have not heard them yet so I can't compare to the SE's. Is there much difference?
I haven't heard the SE slip-ons, but I've been told they're not too much different than the stock exhaust.

I chose the V&H, since they have an optional "quiet" baffle (around $30, I believe), if they still seemed too loud. I think I'm gonna like them just the way they are. loud...but not obnoxious.

Old 07-20-2011 | 09:14 PM
desertrideryz
Road Warrior

Screaming Eagle slip on's, Memphis Shades windshield, spoke rims, chrome Trans top,trans side cover,cam cover,electrical cover, willi g footpegs and handgrips,laydown plate with turn signal, Highway bar.

Attached Thumbnails Let's keep track of our Superglide Mods-ebay-023.jpg  
Old 07-20-2011 | 09:19 PM
desertrideryz
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Pastor Joe
I haven't heard the SE slip-ons, but I've been told they're not too much different than the stock exhaust.
The SE slip-ons are way differant than stock. with the stockers on my bike it was like a Honda quite it had a lot of baffling in it. the SE are almost straight with a cone piece of metal in it. loud but not obnoxious.

Old 07-20-2011 | 09:50 PM
CB1
Tourer

Here are a couple pics of what once used to be my Super Glide. Not sure what the hell it is now. I just call it Thing. It was bone stock when I brought it home. Its gone through a couple different looks now until i ended up with this. yeah I know, why didn't you just buy a street glide? Well not only did I not have the cash for one when i was going up to a bigger bike, but I didn't know I wanted one at the time. Actually a Road Glide will probably replace this some day.

On it now:
Memphis Shades batwing w/ 7" shield
Rinehart exhaust
Dobeck EFI controler
HD touring seaat
Avon grips
HD hard locking bags
HD sissy bar and 12" pad
Krome Werks Narrow sweeper bars
7" headlight
HD blinker relocation
Rear blinker relocation w/ lay back plate
Arleness Big sucker
Highway bar w/ HD long adjustable highway pegs
Motherwell lugage rack
Kuryakyn iso pegs
Cycle sounds 2" speaker system
Bag on the battery box
Street Glide air shocks

Things to come:
Cams
Possibly a different programmer
Paint lower forks black
Possibly paint wheels, black or maybe a metallic charcoal grey, or not.
Replace the black MW luggage rack with a chrome one. had to get the black one on short notice for a trip.

Attached Thumbnails Let's keep track of our Superglide Mods-062.jpg   Let's keep track of our Superglide Mods-065.jpg   Let's keep track of our Superglide Mods-070.jpg  
Old 07-20-2011 | 10:45 PM
952dave
Tourer

New handlebars and a few other things. Im in the middle of a rebuild so I'll update later.

Old 07-21-2011 | 04:21 PM
darkcvc
Tourer

Awesome bike 952dave.

Here is "Samson". I got it in February and finally got a few mods, adjusted the handlebars to be WAY more comfortable, and I lowered the rear an inch. Next items this summer are a new seat, relocating the rear turns, and some custom bags.

Old 07-22-2011 | 07:32 AM
vizcarmb
Stellar HDF Member

For the guys with superglide customs with drag bars. Is it more comfortable with them on after taking off the buckhorns? Did your hands get closer to you or did it get even further out.

I'm asking because I want to do this setup but with 5.5 pullback risers and flanders 35degee bend drag bars. I have a short reach of 20" front pit to palm and a 24" reach from pit to tip of my fingers.

Flanders 35 degree bars have about 10" pullback and the stock pullback of the buckhorns are about 11" I dont want to buy these bars and risers and end up getting the same pullback with my stock bars.

Im trying to emulate the fatbob look with the chorme bars and black risers. Or should I do both black bars and risers?

Thanks

Old 07-22-2011 | 08:59 AM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member

Can't say what will work for you but I took off the buckhorns and went to FXDL bars on the stock risers which put me leaning forward and that was just what I wanted - much more comfy. When I put on the FB front end I went with Fat Boy Lo bars and risers which are in similar forward leaning postion and like them as well.

Old 07-25-2011 | 05:57 AM
vizcarmb
Stellar HDF Member

Has anyone here installed Handlebars with internal wiring properly without cutting the wires in the handlebar controls?

My SuperGlide buckhorns came with dimples and after reading the service manual. There were 2 ways of doing them.

1. Cut the wires from the handlebar controls

2. Individually take each corresponding wire from the harness. Then reroute from there.

Im guessing option 2 would suck. But my assumptions is that everybody else just cut the wiring and hide it in the controls or run the splices through the bars.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Let's keep track of our Superglide Mods