Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is a countdown feature?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 07:04 PM
O.F.
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by crazyanimal
I would have to disagree with you on that,my wife and I both have 2011 bikes and the range indicator works very well,that's what we go by,no issues yet.
...still reads less than what's actually in the tank on mine (which ain't a bad thing) and a long shot better than the tank gauge.

Old 06-12-2011, 07:07 PM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter

Received 4,483 Likes on 2,428 Posts

Rented a EG Classic that had this feature. When it reset it is programmed for a full tank and computes miles to empty. With the pressure most service stations have on the hoses its hard to get a full tank anymore so it's more or less a crap shoot.

Old 06-12-2011, 08:06 PM
Willy723
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just wouldnt watch it as you go around turns...lol. My 300C has this in it as well and I get about 15 miles past past when it hits zero, it leaves some room for error and Im sure the HDs system has the same type of grace period built in

Old 06-12-2011, 08:41 PM
_Andy_
Cruiser

As others have mentioned it shows you how far you can go on the current tank of fuel. Mine's been pretty close as far as I can tell. I do however usually start looking for a fuel stop when it shows 60 miles/100 km or less since it usually starts out on a full tank with a range of over 240 miles/400 km

Old 06-13-2011, 10:25 AM
1HD1C
Stellar HDF Member
Received 190 Likes on 141 Posts

I would have to disagree with you on that,my wife and I both have 2011 bikes and the range indicator works very well,that's what we go by,no issues yet.

i would say your lucky then, i know the low fuel light on my sportster
would come on when i still had 2 gallons left and now the dyna
first 2 fill up is following the same route, both times 30-33 miles to go
according to the meter and both times i filled up i still had over 2 gallons left in the tank.

maybe it will get better but the nightster never did so i always went by my trip meter.

Old 06-13-2011, 03:54 PM
stev0n
Road Master

I would have to disagree with you as mine says 83 miles religiously as i spit & sputter into a gas station & my low fuel light never comes on because i still have 83+miles.

Thank god the fxd's gas gauge is at least fairly accurate.

Old 06-13-2011, 04:58 PM
Robotech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Quite the varriance here. With mine once it drops below 10 miles it just says "Lo". I have been noticing with my bike that the fuel gauge and warning light leave a lot to be desired so for the heck of it I decided the other day to really push my fuel range. Normally when the low fuel light comes on I know I have about 35 miles left before I need to fuel up. This time the low fuel light came on about 7 miles from home. I work 42.2 miles from home.

The next day I got the bike out and rode to work, fuel light still on. As I passed 35 miles I knew that I could push it to 40...had already done that. As I pushed past 40 miles I started to worry. 45 and I was really worried. At 48 I was feeling confident because the exit to work was coming up soon. I rode into the gas station at 49.3 miles and the engine wasn't sputtering. I filled the tank to 4.4 gallons...the most I've put in. I probably went another 25+ miles after the countdown went to "Lo". Total milage on the tank was 206 miles and my countdown usually starts right around the 210 mile range.

So while it going to "Lo" is a little off the initial range on a tank is fairly accurate.

Old 06-14-2011, 02:43 AM
==ShaDoW==
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lot of posts here about what I would guess would be a lot of different riding conditions, for the record mine recalculates after ever pit-stop, depending on riding style around mine is good for less miles out on the road cruising I get more you computer works this out and trys to get it right all the time, mostly what i find is people don't look at it when in town as they know gas is always near by, me I only fill up for a long run or when its empty, so I watch it all the time I ride with mine on the
reserve countdown
hey maybe thats what it means doh...................

Old 06-14-2011, 06:23 AM
bikebuilderdude
Advanced

Originally Posted by GoGetter5832
Ok thank you. So I assume you can click on the "trip button" and it will give you time, total mileage, trip A, trip B, then mileage countdown?
You use your trip button to get to it and it has a little "r" with estimated mileage next to it.

Old 06-14-2011, 07:19 AM
joe1984
Cruiser

This feature i finally seen about 2 weeks ago. I looked down @ the odometer and its reading like 23 and to the left really small was an r . For the first 5 min i was thinking something was wrong and i had to take the bike to the damn dealer. But then i realized it was counting down. I dont think its to accurate but it will still give you an idea of whats going on.

Quick Reply: What is a countdown feature?