Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Bob HD windshield question/issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 08:06 AM
odd_child4life@hotmail.com
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by theEvilMalcore
A PHUCKING WINDSHIELD?!?!?! REALLY!?!?!? ON A DYNA!?!?! ON A BOBBER!?!?! Check your manginas, I think they're ALL infected!!!
wow really? is that necessary? so youve ridden from one side of the contry to the other... good for you. not everybody here wants to look like a worn peice of leather before they are eighty. personally i enjoy long trips with a windshield just for the simple fact that i dont get AS cold and AS wet as i would without. i have been cold and wet against my will quite a few times... i enjoy the possibility of avoiding it on an 800 mile trip.

Old 06-11-2011, 09:31 AM
Romeo
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A PHUCKING WINDSHIELD?!?!?! REALLY!?!?!? ON A DYNA!?!?! ON A BOBBER!?!?! Check your manginas, I think they're ALL infected!!!
Take this for what it's worth - pure entertainment value! I find it hilarious! Like watching a steroid pumped WWF wrestler trying to interact with real life!

Old 06-11-2011, 11:00 AM
daurwid
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I doubt it, I've ridden from one end of this country to the other without a windshield, what's the use of riding if you're just gonna tuck behind a windshield and not get that wind in your face effect!?!?! Maybe you'd be better off in a car?
I had a neck injury in highschool. The whipping of the wind in the face forces my head back and causes a lot pain. If I did not experience this, I would be riding without a windshield. And a real mangina would have given up riding all together in my situation. At least the gents in this thread are still trying to enjoy their riding experience without giving up on it.

Old 06-12-2011, 12:09 PM
2Loose
6th Gear

Originally Posted by odd_child4life@hotmail.com
.......... the simple fact that i dont get AS cold and AS wet as i would without. i have been cold and wet against my will quite a few times... i enjoy the possibility of avoiding it on an 800 mile trip.
Yeah, exactly, on one of my many mainland trips, I had to ride from Green Bay to Minneapolis in a raging rain storm. Got there soaked to the skin, and everything in my tool bag and my old leather saddle bags were also soaked. It took days to get everything dried out. Still would have been soaked even with a windshield, but the ride would have been a little more pleasant. I figgur after umpteen gazillion miles without a windshield, if I want to put one on one of my bikes to cut down on the wind a bit, that's my bizz, nobody elses, and at age 70 I sure as hell have earned it!
-2Loose-

Old 06-12-2011, 06:14 PM
rdmption
Cruiser

Update:

So, after debating on pulling the trigger on the memphis lowers, I decided to do it. I ordered the mounting hardware and, originally, clear plastics from JPcycles.com. Nearly immediately after completing my order I go to thinking and it occurred to me that since my windshield is the 14" shorter compact from HD, it naturally came slightly tinted in a bronze, gray-ish tint. I remembered that in my research I came across "solar" plastics from Memphis which from the pictures somewhat resembled the factory tint on my shield. I instantly called JP back and changed my order to the solar. All in all I'm taking a slight risk with this change, but if indeed it a better match for the shield I'll be happier in the long run. I noticed there is not much information floating around on the internet on the "solar" color so I'll be sure to provide some feedback upon receiving the lowers. In addition to help out other curious minds I will do a quick assessment of the product and my thoughts of it. Stay tuned, pics to come.

Worst case scenario is that I will swap them out for the clears later on.

Old 06-13-2011, 07:24 AM
hd_sob
Road Master

rdmption - if you look closely at the pix i posted earlier, my lowers are solar. i had a solar shield at one time and still haven't swapped them out since getting the HD/QD shield.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:08 AM
rdmption
Cruiser

Originally Posted by hd_sob
rdmption - if you look closely at the pix i posted earlier, my lowers are solar. i had a solar shield at one time and still haven't swapped them out since getting the HD/QD shield.
I noticed they seemed a little darker, but I figured it was just the photo quality. It doesn't seem to be a significant color difference which is a good thing. I think they will blend nicely with the shield that I have now. Does anyone have any input on the Memphis shades Fat shield? I'm considering maybe swapping out the shield that I have now to compliment the width of the lowers, basically to a achieve a "seamless" transition from shield to lowers.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:14 PM
hd_sob
Road Master

i just ordered a pair of the orange lowers. if nothing else, they will match my SE plug wires. hopefully though, they will add some visibility to the front end and deter cages from cutting over into my lane. either that, or they will look goofy and i won't use them at all...

Old 06-13-2011, 12:27 PM
rdmption
Cruiser

Originally Posted by hd_sob
i just ordered a pair of the orange lowers. if nothing else, they will match my SE plug wires. hopefully though, they will add some visibility to the front end and deter cages from cutting over into my lane. either that, or they will look goofy and i won't use them at all...

Hahaha, well put.

Old 07-01-2011, 11:21 PM
MWFTEX
1st Gear

I also have the 58348-06 Compact Shield and have the same issue as it seems to direct the wind right into my face. Might the Standard Height Shield (I think at 17 inches instead of 14) do the trick? If so, does anyone know if/where I could just buy the shield to replace only the plastic and save a few bucks...maybe Rifle?