Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mid Pegs on Fat Bob....finally!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 08:26 PM
Texasbrons
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mazorglide
I did the same mod a few weeks ago, and now I find myself almost always with a foot on the mid pegs while cruising down the highway. It also gives you a place to stand up when doing a slower speed to stretch the legs out.
I'm only 5'7" and the forward controls are at the perfect spot for me. On long rides, I will move my feet so that my heels are riding on top of the pegs. I didn't want to put a mini floorboard on there, which I considered, or the drop down heel stirrup either. I've even put my feet behind me on the passenger pegs a time or two like a crotch rocket. On twisties, my heels will actually drag on the ground sometimes. At first, it startled me a little, but now I actually kind of like it. LOL. That being said, I would like to put some mid pegs on for more foot position, and it would be better for the twisties.

Mazo, you have the same pipes as me. Can you list the parts necessary for this mod?

Old 01-24-2012, 02:40 AM
Mako
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Reaper_ggy
Your search returned no results, please try again.
Those damn part number either changed or are not available anymore.
Cant find part number for the mids bracket ... anyone care to help ?
Thx
I took those numbers directly off my invoice from a H-D dealership here in California.

Print it out and take it to your H-D dealership is all I can suggest.

Good luck!

Old 01-24-2012, 06:44 AM
beringer
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had to look for 6 weeks to find my Fat Bob with Mids, after spending many hours riding demo bikes with Forward controls, they just were,nt for me..After 30 years of riding scramblers/enduros and Supermotos there is only one place my feet should be when im riding, and i do enjoy a lot of 'Spirited' riding around our many beautiful tight and twisty country lanes here in the UK..My big gripe about forwards is everytime i was riding at 70mph or more the wind was hitting the soles of my boots trying to push my feet off the pegs..

Old 01-24-2012, 12:33 PM
Texasbrons
Cruiser

Originally Posted by beringer
I had to look for 6 weeks to find my Fat Bob with Mids, after spending many hours riding demo bikes with Forward controls, they just were,nt for me..After 30 years of riding scramblers/enduros and Supermotos there is only one place my feet should be when im riding, and i do enjoy a lot of 'Spirited' riding around our many beautiful tight and twisty country lanes here in the UK..My big gripe about forwards is everytime i was riding at 70mph or more the wind was hitting the soles of my boots trying to push my feet off the pegs..
Thanks for putting that in "mph". Km/hr wouldn't mean jack to me and most of us others on this side of the pond.

One thing I forgot to mention in my other post, and I agree with Beringer about pushing your feet with the wind, was I bought some Ariat riding boots that have a metal tooth in the sole of the boot which grabs the peg. I was surprised at what a big difference it made. Now I don't feel like my foot is sliding down and I have to readjust it, it just hangs there on the peg perfectly and is comfortable. You don't feel it when you walk either, and natural pressure holds it in place. At 5'7", my legs are relatively straight, I'm not stretching or anything, but those boots made a big difference in my ride comfort.

Old 03-13-2013, 08:21 AM
Fta Boy
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 2XNightTrain

Any chance at reposting these pics please??