Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OEM Cables-hose,lenght FXDWG2010 Please

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 01:17 PM
Reaper_ggy
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OEM Cables-hose,lenght FXDWG2010 Please

Called the dealer they don't know, they have the measure ... (You dont have oem parts info dumbass ?)

Looked over HD websites by the year and model

Throttle (went good) So between 32.5" and 34.75"
Brake line : Between 20" and 14" (tell me about precision)
Clutch cable : between 57 and 69 "

So can anyone enlighten me please so I dont buy +13 on something that's already have it and that the cables wont slap into my face.

HEY ! .... Thank you.

Old 06-09-2011, 03:13 PM
Reaper_ggy
Road Master

no one ?

Old 06-09-2011, 06:00 PM
k&j eglide
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is the purpose of knowing the lenghts of your cables. Are you replacing something? Are you putting apes on? Start with the J&P cycle catalog. There is a fairly extensive listing of cables with lengths as well as a guide for how to measure cables. For example, the travel for throttle and idle cables need to be very precise as there isn't a great deal of adjustment. Same for clutch and clutch cables aren't real pliable, as in where to loop the extra ten inches. If they are all stock cables, any dealer can order from their parts catalogs, which are more extensive than what you can see online. Custom cables can also be ordered from Barnett. They won't deal with you directly but look at their web site for a link to dealers in you area.

Old 06-10-2011, 11:10 AM
Reaper_ggy
Road Master

Originally Posted by k&j eglide
What is the purpose of knowing the lenghts of your cables. Are you replacing something? Are you putting apes on? Start with the J&P cycle catalog. There is a fairly extensive listing of cables with lengths as well as a guide for how to measure cables. For example, the travel for throttle and idle cables need to be very precise as there isn't a great deal of adjustment. Same for clutch and clutch cables aren't real pliable, as in where to loop the extra ten inches. If they are all stock cables, any dealer can order from their parts catalogs, which are more extensive than what you can see online. Custom cables can also be ordered from Barnett. They won't deal with you directly but look at their web site for a link to dealers in you area.
The purpose of knowing what lenght I have is to order what I need, I don't wan't to loose my bike for an extanded period of time nor to make several orders. The dealer I called is to stupid to give me the answer. And I'll never buy from a dealer anyway.

Old 06-10-2011, 11:10 AM
Reaper_ggy
Road Master

Yes i'ts for apes.

Old 06-10-2011, 11:21 AM
Reaper_ggy
Road Master

As far as J&P cycle it's similar.

Throt either 31half or 37 half
idle 30half 36 half
f.brake between 19 and 43
clutch 63.75 or 69.75

Someone must have putted some 16" on their fxdwg come on .....

Old 06-10-2011, 11:30 AM
mazorglide
Cruiser

PM W G Junkie, he did that to his bike last year, and knows the cable length.

Originally Posted by Reaper_ggy
As far as J&P cycle it's similar.

Throt either 31half or 37 half
idle 30half 36 half
f.brake between 19 and 43
clutch 63.75 or 69.75

Someone must have putted some 16" on their fxdwg come on .....

Old 06-10-2011, 11:35 AM
Reaper_ggy
Road Master

Originally Posted by mazorglide
PM W G Junkie, he did that to his bike last year, and knows the cable length.
I'll give it a try thanks.

Old 06-10-2011, 02:55 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

If you're putting 16's on your bike, the cables are between +6" and +8". At least that's what they were for my 07 WG.

Instead of knowinjg what your stock lengths are...call your dealer and ask them for cables for 16" apes. I'm sure they've done it before and have that info handy.

Also, having part numbers might help you as well..... http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US...rol-cables.pdf

Last edited by SC-Longhair; 06-10-2011 at 03:01 PM.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:50 PM
USMAMule
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Reaper_ggy
The purpose of knowing what lenght I have is to order what I need, I don't wan't to loose my bike for an extanded period of time nor to make several orders. The dealer I called is to stupid to give me the answer. And I'll never buy from a dealer anyway.
I often find myself not understanding the hostility some people have toward "all" dealers in general. I will hazard a guess that since you obviously have a low opinion of them, and flatly state you'd "never" buy from them, I am going to go ahead and say if your dealer knows these things about you why in the wild wild west would they help you? If you hate them and would never spend money with them, then you are just wasting their time aren't you?

I mean I don't know what you do for a living but if a customer/someone you knew came to you for your expertise, and at the same time made it obvious they can't stand you and won't pay you, what would your response be? I know what my response would be.

I'm not defending all dealers - like everything there's good and bad in all walks. And this specific dealer may be as bad as you make it sound - but then I have to ask another question? Why call them in the first place? Why not call a different dealer? I know the parts guys at the two dealership I deal with are very nice, knowledgeable and willing spend lots of time helping my dumb A$$ - even if I start the conversation with - "I'm not buying anything right now but..." Find another dealer if that particular one is incompetent.

Good luck with your upgrade I hope you are able to find what you're looking for and don't have to have the bike down for long.

Now you can go ahead and call me a D@$%.

USMAMule

Quick Reply: OEM Cables-hose,lenght FXDWG2010 Please