Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bassani Road Rage Pipes

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 07:57 AM
dlstanf2
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Bassani Road Rage Pipes

Is anyone using the Bassani Road Rage Pipes?

What's you opinion of these? I was going to wait until I did my engine build, but might purchase earlier.

Old 06-08-2011, 10:47 AM
streetpep
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was thinking about getting the road rage 2 for my sb so I asked the dyno shop ,they said they are great pipes but I dont feel like spending 600 for the pipes and 400 for a retune and plus my dragsters are nice and loud and perform good.

Old 06-08-2011, 10:52 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

The Road Rage is a great pipe. It sounds and looks great plus it gives a great boost in power. There is an article int eh new American Iron and they put on a Road Rage. The bike gained 14hp from the pipe along. Stock motor and all.

Drew

Old 06-08-2011, 04:25 PM
dyna rider
Club Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Road Rage Pipe

I have the original road rage...I guess the road rage 2 is the new longer version of the original. Would be nice to be further away away from the rage noise but the noise and heat are the drawbacks and the performance and tone are the positives. The pipe does make good power Like Drew said. There are really no heat shields for it so the only option is to wrap the pipe, and that, for sure will lead to premature failure with the temps that thing puts out. If you order the heat shields, you will see there isn't there to keep the heat away from your legs.

Old 06-09-2011, 08:56 AM
dlstanf2
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I missed the article in AIM. Must check again.

Appreciate the heads up on the heat shields. For some reason I thought they were doubled wall, i.e., built in heat shield.

I like the long tube header bent around the front of the motor and the short termination of the muffler. I've never heard a set of Road Rage pipes. I have heard the twin single pipes and they are LOUD.

Only other complaint was weld quality of the brackets and the 2-to-1 reducer.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:35 AM
dyna rider
Club Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Bassani

I haven't had any quality problems except the ceramic finish is porous and soaks up what ever touches it. Someone spilled a soft drink on it at at a local dealer when it was dyno tuned. I didn't notice it till a couple of days later after it was cooked on. Thank God for black high temp bbq paint.
Heads up on the loudness this thing produces. I DON'T think it would be legal in NC. I moved back to TN six years ago from NC and they are **** about some laws. There are baffles in the pipes but they do NOT lessen the sound. Mine is very close to a straight pipe as far as loudness. I have ridden behind guys with straights and I know.
Good luck and keep us posted.

http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/...isltn/laws.asp

Old 06-10-2011, 12:53 AM
DonN
Road Warrior
Received 207 Likes on 141 Posts

I have the Bassani Road Rage long chrome version. They do have heat shields. I think its the black finish ones that do not.

They sound great, but I didnt have the big of increase from my previous Rhinehart slipons. I have stage I with pcIII and SE 204 cams.

Sorry no pics on this pc.