Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C and C solo seat opinions please.

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 04:57 PM
aclundwall
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Lowpro Solo for my SuperGlide. It's a beautiful seat, very well made, and it's comfortable as well. However, it doesn't have enough of a lumbar rise to it to keep me planted in the saddle. Every time I grab the throttle, or hit a bump when cruising at speed on the freeway, I have to pull myself forward back into position.

This breaks my heart, because I love the looks and feel of the seat otherwise. But most of the time, I have my Mustang Tripper Solo on instead, because it keeps me planted more firmly. In comparison, the mustang seems to have firmer foam, and after 80 or 100 miles, I'm pretty uncomfortable. I didn't have that problem with the C&C.

If I had to make a recommendation, it would be to go with the Solo, instead of the Lowpro Solo like mine...because from the pictures I see, it appears that the Solo has more of a lumbar rise.

Old 06-08-2011, 07:48 PM
nutter
Cruiser

Originally Posted by aclundwall
If I had to make a recommendation, it would be to go with the Solo, instead of the Lowpro Solo like mine...because from the pictures I see, it appears that the Solo has more of a lumbar rise.
i spoke with chuck at c&c b4 i ordered mine the only diffrence between the lopro n reg solo is the cover. the lopro i a single peice cover wile the reg solo is a 2 peice.

Old 06-08-2011, 11:16 PM
JT-FXDL
Road Captain

Originally Posted by nutter
i spoke with chuck at c&c b4 i ordered mine the only diffrence between the lopro n reg solo is the cover. the lopro i a single peice cover wile the reg solo is a 2 peice.
That's odd because those two seats for the Sportster are clearly different. Maybe C&C can make a Solo seat for the Dyna with a high back like the model they make for the Sportster? I have the 2-up Sport Tour seat and love it.

Old 06-09-2011, 08:48 AM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Lowpro Solo for my SuperGlide. It's a beautiful seat, very well made, and it's comfortable as well.
Seriously?

I must have a skinny *** or something. I ride to and from work every day, and have done so on a lopro since late april. This morning I put the stock seat back on, because there is just not enough time between my 25 minute commutes for my *** to recover.

Old 06-18-2011, 03:55 AM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

If your worried about comfort get the gel install option. its a little expensive but having had seats that had this before I will certainly do this when its time to replace my seat as well.

Old 06-18-2011, 03:54 PM
streetpep
Cruiser

I love the quality of the seat they do a great job at c&c I also have the 2 up sport tour from them. The only problem is that if you hammer the throttle You better hold on because your *** will slide off the back, not much lip there, but love it>

Attached Thumbnails C and C solo seat opinions please.-april-2011-494.jpg