Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H-D 5-3/4" LED headlamp issue!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 06:56 PM
Romeo
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by love4steel
im past 90 day. theres gotta be a fix..
The LED headlamp has a 1 year warranty.

Old 06-19-2011, 10:27 AM
Romeo
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Drdriller
This happened to me. Dealer said bring it in, then bring it back 48 hours later. If still fogged, then they will replace it. Kind of shitty on a $399 headlight.
My dealer replaced it. I showed him a cell phone pic of the condensation. That was all it took. The original 73273-11 lamp had a vent hole at the bottom on the rear side that was sealed with a fabric stick-on. This arrangement allowed moisture to get inside the lamp and condense on the inside of glass. The newer 73273-11A version has 2 holes. The manufacturer pumps dry nitrogen through these holes to purge the lamp of moist air, then the holes are permanently sealed.

Old 07-05-2011, 12:30 PM
Punchsmack
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I installed the A version about two weeks ago...I haven't noticed any fogging yet. I'll keep an eye out. If you were on the fence about buying one because of this issue, you may have the green light now as long as you order the A version.

Old 07-06-2011, 04:13 AM
Bobby9621
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had the A Version for a month now and no problems. Just great light.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:40 PM
Aaron 09FXDB
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Romeo
The LED headlamp has a 1 year warranty.
Well the 4th of July weekend was great, close to 300 miles of riding. AND THEN I looked at my LED Headlight to see it all fogged up. Picture attached. So I went to the dealership today. They called Harley, there is ONLY a 90 DAY warranty on this part. Harley refused to admit any problems regardless of the part number being discontinued and issuing a new number with an "A" attached.

THANKFULLY, my local dealership thought this was crap just like me, and decided to take care of me and have ordered a new LED Lamp for me with the new part#. I was technically about 1.5 months past the official 90 day warranty.

Attached Thumbnails H-D 5-3/4" LED headlamp issue!-photo.jpg  
Old 11-06-2011, 03:20 PM
02Nighttrain
6th Gear

I have the same problem with mine. I only had the 5 3/4" new black harley davidson led headlight for 5 months. i called hd dealer and they said they would give me a new one, and that should not be happening. There is only a 90day warrenty on electrical parts. But they still will switch it out. thank you hd! I hope the new one doenst do it.

Last edited by 02Nighttrain; 11-06-2011 at 03:29 PM.
Old 11-06-2011, 03:58 PM
chevylox
Tourer

Originally Posted by Romeo
My dealer replaced it. I showed him a cell phone pic of the condensation. That was all it took. The original 73273-11 lamp had a vent hole at the bottom on the rear side that was sealed with a fabric stick-on. This arrangement allowed moisture to get inside the lamp and condense on the inside of glass. The newer 73273-11A version has 2 holes. The manufacturer pumps dry nitrogen through these holes to purge the lamp of moist air, then the holes are permanently sealed.
That's just it if u get this light you must get it with the part # ending with an A plain and simple.

Old 11-06-2011, 04:40 PM
Gringoloco13
Road Master

Wow looks like I have the new A version of this light, I hope mine doesn't end up doing this. But it looks like the A version is fixed and won't fog up.

Old 11-24-2011, 03:25 AM
WildBill76
Tourer

Originally Posted by Drdriller
P.s. I asked them what happens if I wreck at night because I can't see **** through the condensation. The manager came on and said that the condensation happens on all lights, not just the LEDs. I told him I call b.s. On his story. The conversation went down from there.
They all do fog, but the regular Lamps get hot enough to burn it off. My LED Lamp clears after 30 miles. I have had real High dollar cars have their lens fog also. I am Sure it will get corrected. The company that builds these lamps has a great reputation.

Old 11-24-2011, 10:44 AM
BrassHOLE
Cruiser

you kno there is actually a pretty easy fix but imo it shouldn't do this due to the cost. the fix is to drill a hole in the plastic so the front has som breathing room. if you've noticed most car headlights have holes with lil rubber tubes facing down. i had a car that di this with some aftermarket lights and it did not have the tube so i drilled some small holes in it, fixed the prob. but like i say for the $$ it shouldn't do this..

Quick Reply: H-D 5-3/4" LED headlamp issue!