Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna "Big Bag" Saddlebags

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 09:09 AM
Sammi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Dyna "Big Bag" Saddlebags

Anbody have Big Bag Saddlebags on an '06 Dyna?

p/n 90300-98a.

Catalog says fits '96 - '01 Dyna, but from the pic it looks like it would fit any dyna without relocating the rear turn signals.

Biggest bags in the catalog at a decent price.

I checked with the local dealer, but the parts department staff is barely out of High School.

Anybody have these puppies?

Big Bag Saddlebags

Thanks,
Sammi

Old 11-01-2006, 12:29 PM
SUPER01
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Dyna "Big Bag" Saddlebags

I looked at buying the Big Bag but decided to buy Boss Bags instead.
The reason is the Big Bags can't be taken off easily, the lights don't have to be relocated but you need to take them off, install the bags and the put the lights back on because they use the same mounting holes. The Big Bag is molded to go around the turn signal.
So trying to clean your rear wheel will be a real chore. The Boss Bags are also lockable where the Big Bag are not.

When I bought mine last year there was only a $35 difference between the two but the Boss Bags have gone up in price.

Old 11-01-2006, 12:34 PM
Sammi
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: SUPER01

The reason is the Big Bags can't be taken off easily, the lights don't have to be relocated but you need to take them off, install the bags and the put the lights back on because they use the same mounting holes. The Big Bag is molded to go around the turn signal.
So trying to clean your rear wheel will be a real chore. The Boss Bags are also lockable where the Big Bag are not.

When I bought mine last year there was only a $35 difference between the two but the Boss Bags have gone up in price.

I found them on their website.

A little pricey ($700) compared to the $495 Big Bags at Zanotti.

So the Big Bags will fit even though though the catalog doesn't say '06?

Thanks,
Sammi

Old 11-01-2006, 08:24 PM
DGlide04
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sammi, are you locked into leather? If you're not going to keep them bolted to the bike all of the time, try looking at a set of Willie and Max bags or some other "pleather" bags. They look like leather, are easy to clean and are easy to take off/put on with Easy Brackets or Ghost Brackets, all for well under $250.00. Easy brackets are lockable to the bike also.

My Willie and Max bags were around $100.00 with another $149.00 for the Easy Brackets, on and off in less than 30 seconds.

Just a suggestion.

Old 11-01-2006, 09:34 PM
SUPER01
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Sammi

ORIGINAL: SUPER01

I found them on their website.

A little pricey ($700) compared to the $495 Big Bags at Zanotti.

So the Big Bags will fit even though though the catalog doesn't say '06?

Thanks,
Sammi
Sorry Sammi I have a 2001 Superglide, that's why I was looking at the Big Bags. On the website it says fits 96-01.

They must have changed the spacing for the 02 models and the only thing I found for an 06 was this bag for only the low price of $875.00. WOW! Glad I have a older bike.

I got my Boss Bags from Iron Horse Trading Co. for a little less than the Boss Bag site. The Boss Bag says for years 2002-2006.

Hope this helps.

Old 11-02-2006, 09:15 AM
Sammi
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: DGlide04

Sammi, are you locked into leather? If you're not going to keep them bolted to the bike all of the time, try looking at a set of Willie and Max bags or some other "pleather" bags. They look like leather, are easy to clean and are easy to take off/put on with Easy Brackets or Ghost Brackets, all for well under $250.00. Easy brackets are lockable to the bike also.

My Willie and Max bags were around $100.00 with another $149.00 for the Easy Brackets, on and off in less than 30 seconds.

Just a suggestion.

I'm not locked into leather.

The Big Bags caught my eye because they have the largest capacity I've seen so far.

Thanks to all for the suggestions.

Maybe finalize a choice this winter for next season's riding.

Sammi

Old 11-09-2009, 07:40 PM
Karsten
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I just bought an 06 Street Bob with the Big Bags or what I am told are Big Bags.

The Part Numbers on mine are 301-98A and 302-98A for left and right side.

I can't find where there is a difference between 300-98A and the ones I have.

Karsten

Old 11-10-2009, 08:22 AM
doublenaughtspy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought a set of LeatherPros from Jenny S at http://www.tri-countyharleydavidson.com/ Got them at a pretty substantial discount from the $699 price at LeatherPros. Take a look at this thread:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...pic-heavy.html

They are plenty large, and fit without relocating the turn signals. Easily removed, but rock solid when installed....

Old 11-10-2009, 12:00 PM
utahdyna
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 99 SG and just got rid of my big bags. I hated them. They have a tiny opening on the top because you still have the stock lights, and as SUPERG mentioned you have to take off the lihgts to get the bags on. Since your going to have to take off the lights, just relocate them and get bigger better bags.