Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Earplugs.....which ones?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 05:07 AM
bklynbob
Grand HDF Member
Received 567 Likes on 394 Posts

Originally Posted by Crushrus
You can get special ones that only block out certain ranges of noise. Do a google search and you'll find a ton of info.

+1 on the earbuds for long trips. I don't wear em around town, but on the highway I'd go nuts without them.

www.westone.com

Old 06-07-2011, 07:31 AM
kirk180
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Crushrus
You can get special ones that only block out certain ranges of noise. Do a google search and you'll find a ton of info...
Not only do I use my stethoscope daily in the ER, but my wife is an Audiologist as well. So naturally I've chose to start protecting my ears. Here's a thread I started on a special kind I have that my wife custom molded for me. Only difference is I went with all black instead of what I thought I's going with when I started the thread. Didn't like the outcome of the Harley colors. The final result is very impressive. Best plugs I've ever wore. It's funny, you don't realize what a difference a quality set such as this makes...until you wear them. I use to think that all plugs were similar. I was wrong. My wife does ears for a living, and the Hocks noise breakers filter technology are what she considered to be the best out there for me.

Go to the thread below and click the link in my first post to learn about the technology behind them if interested.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...new-plugs.html

In other news: For those on the fence about wearing ear plugs or not, don't listen to the internet guy that says you don't need them.

Last edited by kirk180; 06-07-2011 at 07:37 AM.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:15 AM
justfnride
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I've been riding since the 70s and have used earplugs for most of those years. Once you get used to riding with them you'll never ride without them. I've tried most of the foam types, but have found the white color that has no taper seem to work the best for me. They're usually the cheapest too. Walgreens and CVS both have them for about 4 bucks for 40 pairs. Search the web for "North Safety DeciDamp" and you'll see what they look like. You will find that you actually hear BETTER when riding with ear protection. The wind noise cancels out other noises like mechanical issues. I can hear pinging for example under load with plugs in place but not when riding without ear protection.

Old 06-07-2011, 11:36 AM
arkieollie
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a mp3 player with some Shure ear buds. When I get tired of the music I just turn it off and leave the buds in....works for me.

Old 06-07-2011, 12:17 PM
TBoat
Intermediate

Im having a pair of these being made right now. When you buy them they send you a DIY ear mold kit.

http://earplugstore.stores.yahoo.net...e-style-7.html

I use to have a lawn care business and I had a pair that I wore all the time.

Old 06-08-2011, 08:45 AM
pete62conv
Cruiser

http://www.google.com/products/catal...54099973870533

I use these and get them from Lowes. I like the cord so I can throw them over the bars when not in use.

Old 06-08-2011, 08:49 AM
goblin127
Tourer

I use those half moon on the plastic stick also. Tried everything but just can't beat the fit. Also I don't have to roll them between my fingers.

Old 06-08-2011, 09:02 AM
Nosaints1
Cruiser

Two weeks ago I went to a open house at a Harley Dealer and the ride was right at 85 miles one way...when I got there I had trouble hearing and my ears were ringing...I had ridden at a constant 78 to 80 with no windshield, half helmet with my IPod at 3/4 full volume..I will never do that again...it took days for my hearing to come back and it is not back all the way yet...I wil be investing in either a FF or ear protection.

Old 06-08-2011, 02:11 PM
guitar
Cruiser

I know everyone has different sizes and shapes of ear canals. I have tried a lot of different kinds but ended up using Mack's that I buy at Target. They work well for me.

Old 06-08-2011, 02:37 PM
mickey01
Tourer

I ordered these, expensive but worth it....
http://www.proplugs.com/

Quick Reply: Earplugs.....which ones?