Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sputhe stabilizer

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 08:07 PM
Chefjim
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sputhe stabilizer

Has anyone tried the Sputhe Stabilzer system sounds hot to me could make the wide glide really tighten up. I am very unstable after 60 mph
this sound like a good but expensive fix. Cheaper than falling at 80 though!! They tested it up to 130 mph that's fast enough I think.
Any thoughts?

Old 06-05-2011, 08:19 PM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's a good product. Search the forum for sputhe or positrac and you will find dozens of posts.

Old 06-05-2011, 09:31 PM
dlstanf2
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I did a Sputhe Positrak install just a couple or so and did a thread on the installation. There's a couple tricky areas you need to be aware of before you dive in, especially the rear. Front is easy. Do a search with Sputhe and Dyna in the tag line. Should get you there.

After several hundred miles on familiar roads, I can vouch for how well it makes my bike handle. And, I'm running low on tire tread. Once I get my tires mounted I'll be able to give another update then.

Old 06-05-2011, 09:49 PM
dyna rider
Club Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Wobble

If you have a wobble, there are things that need to be checked before you install a stabilizer mount. Have you checked fall away or alignment ? It's a lot cheaper to start there and make sure some of the bases are covered. If it is a cornering problem maybe the stabilizer is the answer.

Old 06-05-2011, 11:30 PM
TXcruzin
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got my Sputhe Positrac on and been riding this weekend.

To give you an example, The road I always ride getting out of my Development onto the main hwy, there is a big sweeping curve, going across a body of water, frequently side winds, as I leaned into this curve around 50 MPH or so I would feel like the rear tire was just gonna slide right out. That feeling is gone. The bike feels much more stable. Best way to describe it, feels like a single piece instead of 2 pieces connected together.

I knew when my buddy picked up a used VRod and I took it for a spin, this is an 8 year old bike, and it feels like it was chiseled from 1 piece of aluminum. It was great. Riding position sucked, didnt like the sound of it, but the handling and suspension was very nice. and I knew that my bike needed improvement in the suspension.

I know people defend there purchases as the greatest mod ever... No BS This will really
improve your bike, make you more relaxed and confident while riding.

yeah check your alignment yada yada yada, problem is is the swingarm is connected to the back of the tranny, It moves. just like if you have a passenger and you dont want her wiggling around...... You dont want your motor - Tranny wiggling your rear wheel, and that is sorta whats happening.

Old 06-06-2011, 12:53 AM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

There's True-Track and Sputhe's Positrac, both function the same, are well built and install the same. The Sputhe does have an extra feature for steadying the rear that might give it a slight edge in firming up the back end.

If you plan on mounting a HD or Jaggs low mount oil cooler at any future time, the Sputhe will be a better choice.

I had both a Jaggs 10 row cooler and a Big Sky Fan kit behind that, the Sputhe kept them both tucked in tight. The True-Track's mounts, being aluminum, are thick and deep in front and will require spacing the cooler and fan forward quite a bit and making whatever other mods to gain clearance for the brackets.

The only downside of Sputhe is that their order desk is somewhat dated, you pay by cashier's check or money order via COD if you want it fast, otherwise you mail them the check. On the other hand they shipped within the hour! Ordered on Friday, had it on Monday.