Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6 lanes, over median, up curb, through bushes...

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 03:38 PM
Barz
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fenderzig
Sorry to hear about this man! Certainly glad you're ok. Was this around Tampa? If so, where? I used to live in Tampa.
Yeah it was here in Tampa. At the 275 South BEARSS Ave Exit. Luckily there was no traffic.

Old 06-04-2011, 03:56 PM
fenderzig
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can see that exit ramp! Wow! Really glad you're ok!

Old 06-04-2011, 05:26 PM
greybeard6005
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry about your misfortune, but damn glad to hear you're okay! Good job keepin' the rubber side down!

Old 06-04-2011, 07:14 PM
DocDyna
Cruiser
Default Glad you made it

For me it was last Sat here in Ky at the Red` River Gorge. I was in the middle of a 8 mile downhill Curvey Road, dropping off a mountain. Had 1 stop sign about mid way down, well when I hit the rear brakes, heard a big pop and peddle went to the bottom. There was 22 bikes of us with me being around # 15, I power downshifted and nursed the front brakes and got slowed down enough not to hit other bikes. Shot thru stop sign at about 20mph, did I mention one of Ky's finest troopers was parked at the intersection. He never moved, I continued on downhill another 4-5 miles until somewhere to pull off the road. The 2 caliper mounting bolts had fallen out and caliper was swinging loose. I always carry some tools and spare bolts and nuts. While the bolts i had where not the correct caliper bolts, they were 3/8's and worked fine for a roadside patch. It was a definate pucker moment and a tense ride on down.

Old 06-05-2011, 08:52 PM
Barz
Cruiser

Okay guys. I was going over the bike and found the part the was clicking when I tried to turn the bike on. It's the circuit breaker. My headlight, gauge light, and engine dont even try to turn on. Only thing that turns on is my taillight, and it only turns on in ACC. As soon as I turn the key to IGNITION, It shuts off and the Circuit Breaker clicks. Then a few seconds later the it clicks again. Any ideas? I'm thinking there is a wire pinched somewhere, but why would the brake light even turn on and nothing else? I'd appreciate any input on this.

Old 06-05-2011, 11:29 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I would say the brake issue lies in the master cylinder like you suspect. As far as the electrical, the pinched wire is likely on the ignition circuit. I can't remember how it works but I don't think the headlight comes on with the accessory circuit.

Old 06-06-2011, 03:12 AM
FXDF_Lover
Advanced

DUDE!!! Glad you're alright!! That must have been **** scary!

Old 06-06-2011, 07:13 AM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Barz
No I picked up dot 5 at the dealership when i picked up my brake line. Strange thing is when I drained the old fluid it was green instead of the purple like the dot5 that harley sells. I dont know why it would be green ive never run into that before unless the previous owner screwed something up. But he's a tech at a local dealership so I'd like to think he wouldnt put the wrong fluid in.
Dot 5 changes color as it deteriorates. But it usually turns yellow.

Old 06-06-2011, 10:04 AM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus
Veteran: Army
Received 876 Likes on 584 Posts

Like I wrote in my previous post a clicking circuit breaker indicates to a pinched wire. This pinched wire could also has blown one or more fuses. To find the problem I'd say start at page 1:
  • check the connections to the battery
  • check all the fuses to see if there's a blown one
  • check all the lamps
  • check all the wires that run from your bars to the main harness for a pinch using a multi-meter
  • check the wires that run from your headlamp to the main harness for a pinch using a multi-meter
Go here to find some info on the wiring diagrams for 2003 models. Should be the same for 2002.....

Old 06-07-2011, 04:49 AM
Barz
Cruiser

Originally Posted by FXD2003Rider
Like I wrote in my previous post a clicking circuit breaker indicates to a pinched wire. This pinched wire could also has blown one or more fuses. To find the problem I'd say start at page 1:
  • check the connections to the battery
  • check all the fuses to see if there's a blown one
  • check all the lamps
  • check all the wires that run from your bars to the main harness for a pinch using a multi-meter
  • check the wires that run from your headlamp to the main harness for a pinch using a multi-meter
Go here to find some info on the wiring diagrams for 2003 models. Should be the same for 2002.....
Very helpful brother. Thanks.

Quick Reply: 6 lanes, over median, up curb, through bushes...