Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6 lanes, over median, up curb, through bushes...

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 07:53 AM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

OMFG! That's scary, glad that you're alright, thank god!

Old 06-04-2011, 08:11 AM
JBoggs
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dauuummmm, amazed you kept it up right! I tell you if you had a helmet cam you would probably get a million hits on utube and Murphy's law hits every time! Glad you are alright.

Old 06-04-2011, 09:06 AM
Deftone5
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to hear you're OK man. I had my first crash 2 years ago and it took me till this year to really feel confident again but like you I learned a helmet lesson. I had a full face on because I was on my Ducati and landed chin first on the street. Now that I ride a cruiser too I feel like going back to a half helmet but can't bring myself to do it given that fluke crash.

...just last night I was shopping for them but when I hear stories like that its just not worth it to look cool at 39 with a baby on the way and risk losing face...glad I read your post. Its going to continue to keep me safer I guess.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:57 AM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

One Helluva thing to happen. At least you rode it out and are able to talk about. Make sure to get that brake issue straightened out and let us know what it was.

Old 06-04-2011, 11:43 AM
sucherman
Club Member
Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

glad you're skilled so you weren't killed

Old 06-04-2011, 12:50 PM
Speed Kills
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Count me in for wondering about the rear brake...

Old 06-04-2011, 01:51 PM
Barz
Cruiser

Thanks guys. As far as the rear brakes goes I tried them along with down shifting but I was in a turn and if I have put too much on the my *** end would have swung around and probably thrown me or I would have laid it down hard and probably been seriously injured. It happened to my best friends father a few years ago and he lost his right leg. But I hope by process of elimination the problem lies in the master cylinder. Because that caliper I put on was in great condition and nothing was sticking when I put it on, and I put on a Magnum steel braided brake line.

Old 06-04-2011, 02:29 PM
Uquackmeup
Tourer

Just curious, did you use Dot 4 in a caliper or Master Cylinder that used to run Dot 5?

Old 06-04-2011, 02:40 PM
Barz
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Uquackmeup
Just curious, did you use Dot 4 in a caliper or Master Cylinder that used to run Dot 5?
No I picked up dot 5 at the dealership when i picked up my brake line. Strange thing is when I drained the old fluid it was green instead of the purple like the dot5 that harley sells. I dont know why it would be green ive never run into that before unless the previous owner screwed something up. But he's a tech at a local dealership so I'd like to think he wouldnt put the wrong fluid in.

Old 06-04-2011, 03:33 PM
fenderzig
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear about this man! Certainly glad you're ok. Was this around Tampa? If so, where? I used to live in Tampa.

Quick Reply: 6 lanes, over median, up curb, through bushes...