Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Moto 107" complete

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 06:55 PM
Dyna_in_the_works
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Aaron 09FXDB

I am definitely going to get the AIM VPC...should I replace the clutch spring as well? or is the stock good enough?
I put the S.E. clutch spring, in since I had it open...

Old 06-12-2011, 05:07 AM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Forgive my ignorance, but what will the SE compensator do for me? I'm honestly not knowledgeable enough to know.

I am definitely going to get the AIM VPC...should I replace the clutch spring as well? or is the stock good enough?
I'd just order by AIM's recommendation, that will definitely be more than sufficient. I just bought and installed the VP84T as recommended by the wise old mechanic at the independent shop. He also told me that I should be thinking about installing the comp, so I did.

As for the compensator upgrade, it has way heavier duty springs, more travel and absorbs the energy of the higher HP engine. You might notice a banging going on in the primary area during start-ups and hard launches or shifts. These things are another weak link in the drive train.

I ride hard and immediately saw the need for VPC. The comp weakness wasn't as profound, but the banging was there, so I put it in later when the weather looked too ugly to ride for a few days. Taking my time, that was done in about two hours. I did need to buy the primary gasket and tower gasket beforehand, though either one may have been safe to reuse.

Old 06-13-2011, 03:03 PM
Redbeard
Stellar HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 46 Posts

Out of curiosity, what made you choose the PC-V over the Power Vision?

Old 06-13-2011, 03:23 PM
odd_child4life@hotmail.com
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not rude at all. Prices are pretty much right off their website...but here's my total:

107 kit installed 1,995.00
Port polish level b heads 699.00
Compression releases 99.00
D&D Fact Cat Chrome, Big Boar baffle 619.00
oil sump spring 15.00
PCV 299.00
K&N oil filter 14.00
repsol 20W50 3.5qts total 24.47
TAX 188.22 (5%)

Total price 3,952.69
holy sh*t!

Old 06-13-2011, 08:48 PM
Aaron 09FXDB
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Redbeard
Out of curiosity, what made you choose the PC-V over the Power Vision?
Not really. I looked online at the Power Vision, but most of the info is way over my head and would be wasted in my hands. So I went with the PCV, which seemed to work well.

Old 06-13-2011, 08:49 PM
Aaron 09FXDB
Cruiser

Originally Posted by odd_child4life@hotmail.com
holy sh*t!
Was that a good or bad comment?

Old 06-17-2011, 05:02 PM
MATTYB185
Advanced

Ok I am not mechanically inclined so bear with me! If I get the FM107 kit installed with no head work done can I have the head work done at a later time down the road? And I already have Thunderheaders,Power commander and SE heavy breather on my 2010 FXDC any ideas on what my numbers would be with the kit installed and no head work?

Old 06-18-2011, 12:26 AM
Aaron 09FXDB
Cruiser

I am by no means super knowledgeable on this either. However, I do know you don't have to do it all at once....by any means. Of course if you do it in stages you'll need to get a new Dyno and tune with each modification.

As for what number you would be looking at. I honestly have no idea, but I'd highly recommend either emailing or calling Fuel Moto and chatting with Jamie. Awesome guys up there, helpful, and will step you through everything as well as giving you honest recommendations based on a lot of experience.

In the end, I really don't care if my numbers could be better, or if I could have had it done cheaper someplace else. Traveling well over 2500 miles round trip to get my bike to Fuel Moto because I heard how good they are, and their customer service. THAT is what mattered to me....and I was NOT disappointed in any way.

Hope that helps you.

Originally Posted by MATTYB185
Ok I am not mechanically inclined so bear with me! If I get the FM107 kit installed with no head work done can I have the head work done at a later time down the road? And I already have Thunderheaders,Power commander and SE heavy breather on my 2010 FXDC any ideas on what my numbers would be with the kit installed and no head work?

Old 06-18-2011, 02:10 AM
cjlandry
Road Master

Originally Posted by MATTYB185
Read this thread:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...=fuel+moto+107

Old 06-18-2011, 05:52 AM
Coxbow
Road Captain

So did you ride back home ? how was the ride ?

Quick Reply: Fuel Moto 107" complete