Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How dependable is your Harley?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 11:18 AM
DuRsT
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How dependable is your Harley?

What are some of the common problems you guys run into on your Harleys?

My wife and I are looking at a 2011 Wide Glide and I wanted to check with the experts to make sure we would be getting into something that isn't going to cause us a lot of problems and would be up for some longer roadtrips.

Any feedback is appreciated!

Old 06-03-2011, 11:23 AM
Maclugie
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Very reliable here. You may want to consider how long of trips you are wanting to take and how much stuff you are going to want to take with you.

Old 06-03-2011, 11:23 AM
vistavette
Stellar HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 129 Posts

Except for isolated instances a new (or any late model that was taken care of) will run trouble free. I've put 25k on my '09 Ultra in less than 2 year with no issues. I'd ride it anywhere and never worry about it.

What kind of bike are you coming from?

Old 06-03-2011, 11:25 AM
DanD
Road Captain

I've never really had any problems with my Dyna while traveling that I can think of,but then I always go over the bike real well and fix/replace anything questionable.
Most of the long trips I took were while I was single,and it was just me.for 2-up traveling I'd strongly consider one of the bigger touring models,especially if you are buying a bike.

Old 06-03-2011, 11:31 AM
pontiac69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

SO far very reliable. One thing i didnt realize is how much i would spend being on this forum. Way to many good ideas here. I seem to be changing every few weeks.

Old 06-03-2011, 11:32 AM
DuRsT
Intermediate

Admittedly, all of my experience is with Sport bikes, I've been riding for 15 years. So when I refer to long trips, that would be long to me. We live in Arkansas which has a ton of great riding areas on up into Missouri or Oklahoma that my wife and I would like to hit for weekend trips and whatnot. Anything over a couple of hours on my old R1 was out of the question unless we were just tooling around the backroads having fun.

Old 06-03-2011, 11:34 AM
vistavette
Stellar HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by DuRsT
Admittedly, all of my experience is with Sport bikes, I've been riding for 15 years. So when I refer to long trips, that would be long to me. We live in Arkansas which has a ton of great riding areas on up into Missouri or Oklahoma that my wife and I would like to hit for weekend trips and whatnot. Anything over a couple of hours on my old R1 was out of the question unless we were just tooling around the backroads having fun.
Ahhh; then for that type of "long trip" the WG will be fine. My long trips are 1500-2000 miles.

Old 06-03-2011, 11:38 AM
DuRsT
Intermediate

Do you think the WG would be ok (comfort-wise) for one rider for a 1300 mile trip?

Old 06-03-2011, 11:42 AM
DuRsT
Intermediate

Originally Posted by pontiac69
SO far very reliable. One thing i didnt realize is how much i would spend being on this forum. Way to many good ideas here. I seem to be changing every few weeks.
Another concern I have, I'm already addicted to modifying cars!

Old 06-03-2011, 12:02 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

If you don't count the 3 recalls bad rotor-stator and the IPB issue where the MoCo replaced 1/3 of the drivetrain...mine has been flawless

Quick Reply: How dependable is your Harley?