Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PC V, SERT, Crooked Dealer. I am confused. Someone help before I torch my bike!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011 | 04:35 PM
jenkinskc
|
Cruiser
Default PROBLEM SOLVED!! PC V, SERT, Crooked Dealer.

PROBLEM SOLVED,

PROBLEM SOLVED!!

Turns out when the original dealer reinstalled the tank after paint they failed to put on some inlet hose o-ring to the fuel pump causing a fuel leak into the wiring area and causing the engine to choke out from not enough fuel (no fuel pressure).

Another dealer took a look for me after several disagreements about what could be wrong and the fixed it in a jiffy. It cost me $157 in parts and labor but now I get to try and recoup that from the original dealer.

Good news is the bike runs like a top now and it had nothing to do with me putting my parts on the bike!!

WOOT WOOT WOOT!

So I have a 2011 Super Glide that I installed V & H BSS and Heavy Breather as well as PC V on. Since downloading the PC V map as well as a custom fuel moto map the bike has developed an intake backfire and just generally runs like crap with both maps.

I reinstalled the exhaust to ensure no exhaust leaks, I checked the intake with WD40 and cannot find a leak. Dynojet got online and tweeked the map and still the issue persists.

I took the bike to the local stealership and they said that its because the PC V is crap and they would only work on the bike if I bought and SERT for $600 (installed with base map) and that "may" take care of the issue. If not then they would recommend 6-8 hours on the dyno custom tuning it.

To me this seems like I am getting taken to the cleaners. They state that dyno tuning the PC V is near impossible and since the PC V is crap it will not fix the issue.

Someone please help. I am out of money to spend on this bike and essentially now have a $20,000 garage ornament.

Last edited by jenkinskc; 06-23-2011 at 07:44 PM. Reason: PROBLEM SOLVED!
Old 06-02-2011 | 04:49 PM
upnorthbiker
Cruiser

Hi Jenk,
Sorry if some of these questions sound, well a bit stupid but they haveto be asked.
Are you sure the PCV is installed ok ? fitted the O2 eliminators, air intake sensor eliminator plug, and the plug on the exhaust servo.
new gaskets on the exhausts, although they wouldnt cause a backfire thru the intake, just popping on decel.
Usually a backfire thru the intake is from an air leak on the intake side. double check the gasket on the heavy breather, Ive never fitted one so dont know whats involved.
Try putting the standard air cleaner back on, theres a map on PC website for a standard bike.
Thats about it, hope you get fixed.
I have a PC in my last 3 bike and they have all worked great.
Regards,
Jeff

Old 06-02-2011 | 05:04 PM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member

Try removing the PC . If the bike runs fine with out it, then I'd say that is the problem . As far as "being impossible to tune" with a PC.....they're crazy .

Old 06-02-2011 | 05:12 PM
luc.who
Outstanding HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Hey I am running the PCv on my bike and have been very happy with it.

I would start with removing the PCV to see if that is what the issue is. If it is, then look for possibly bent pins on seating of the connector. Make sure you have the jumpers on the O2 sensors.

If it is the PCV, call Fuel Moto and see if they would be willing to send you a different map. Jamie and Keith are really good guys and know the pcv.

The other good advice was to check the gasket on the AC. That was one of my issues on my road king. When the dealer installed the SEAC the gasket was torn.

One other thought, is to get some advice on the Throttle Position adjustment. I have a TBW, so really cant help you with that one.

Old 06-02-2011 | 05:13 PM
jkoch09ultra
Road Master

There are many posts about a bad PCIII and I am sure by now bad PCV's. Call Jamie and see if he will send you a new one. Like the post above. Take it off and see how it runs. It it improves you have a bad unit. Get it replaced.

Old 06-02-2011 | 05:21 PM
jenkinskc
|
Cruiser

Jeff I installed new exhaust gaskets to ensure that was not the issue. The PC V just had the O2 sensor plugs no others plugs, etc and they were installed.

I took the PC V off and it still had the same issues for the most part (i did forget to plug the O2 sensors back in though). I then plugged the PC V back in and reinstalled the old air cleaner, the issue persisted.

It ran fine with just the exhaust on ( No Heavy Breather or PC V) prior to the other parts coming in.

There are only two gaskets on the Heavy Breather and they both look fine. I have thought about spending the few bucks on them and seeing if that works but have not gotten that far, I am just sick of the bike at this point.

I appreciate the input and direction. I am just kind of trying to decide what to do, I am out of money and patience at this point.

Old 06-02-2011 | 05:22 PM
jenkinskc
|
Cruiser

JaysonL, the problem persisted when removing the PC V. I just got off the phone with another Harley dealer and they said they could do a dyno tune for $300 so that may be the next step.

Old 06-02-2011 | 05:25 PM
jenkinskc
|
Cruiser

luc.who

Removed PC V and problem persisted. I have been in contact with Keith and even running the map he suggested it gets the intake backfire on cold startup and warmup and then here and there after that.

Their map also seemed to adjust the AFR to high, it seemed to dog down quite a bit at higher throttle and RPM's losing power possibly due to being too rich?

Thanks for the input, still trying to figure this out. I just want someone to steal it at this point so I can be done with it. I have put so much time and money into this bike and it still runs like s$^%.

Old 06-02-2011 | 05:26 PM
jenkinskc
|
Cruiser

jkoch,

I bought it off of a guy on here that removed from his bike before he traded it. The guys at fuel moto have been helpful but I don't think a replacement is an option at this point.

Old 06-02-2011 | 05:31 PM
luc.who
Outstanding HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

When the dealer installed the Air Cleaner did they do the ECM download? Its possible, if they did it didn't take. That may explain why you have the same issue with the PC off the bike.

Quick Reply: PC V, SERT, Crooked Dealer. I am confused. Someone help before I torch my bike!