Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PC V, SERT, Crooked Dealer. I am confused. Someone help before I torch my bike!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011 | 04:21 PM
jenkinskc
|
Cruiser

I agree Slowride, it looks like that is where it is going next. They seem really nice down there.

Old 06-07-2011 | 05:34 PM
sian0120
Advanced

PM'ed you.. call me

Old 06-07-2011 | 06:09 PM
W G Junkie
Tourer
Red face

Originally Posted by Slowride2
I have had good dealings with Rawhide HD in Olathe. New owners. Not part of the "family" if you catch my drift.
Yeah, they're real nice if you buy a bike from them, or female. My lady bought from them, and they treat her great, although i usually see them drool as they stumble over one another to get to her first...

They lost my business after several bs incidents. #1. I showed up 1 day looking to buy a used metric from them. Jerry told me he was too busy sellin "Harleys" to mess with it.
#2 I went In looking for option on running boards for my wide glide. They said there is no option or way to put boards on a WG, and if i wanted boards I should have bought a "bagger"
#3 as we (buddy and I whom both have 2010 wg) waited in line for the bikini wash, Jerry came out to greet us. bs'd about my buddys bike, bragged bout his brand new 11 WG, then looked over and asked "what the hell kind of bike is that?" I couldn't believe he couldnt recognize a WG especially owning 1.

With these silly issues, i choose to show up for bike night, or bikini washes, but i take my business where staff is knowledgeable, and want my business. Knobtown cycle, and Blue Springs HD is where I do my local stuff.

Last edited by W G Junkie; 06-07-2011 at 06:11 PM.
Old 06-23-2011 | 07:42 PM
jenkinskc
|
Cruiser

PROBLEM SOLVED!!

Turns out when the original dealer reinstalled the tank after paint they failed to put on some inlet hose o-ring to the fuel pump causing a fuel leak into the wiring area and causing the engine to choke out from not enough fuel (no fuel pressure).

Another dealer took a look for me after several disagreements about what could be wrong and the fixed it in a jiffy. It cost me $157 in parts and labor but now I get to try and recoup that from the original dealer.

Good news is the bike runs like a top now and it had nothing to do with me putting my parts on the bike!!

WOOT WOOT WOOT!

Old 06-23-2011 | 09:31 PM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member

Its amazing that forgetting such a simple part could screw things up so bad. Congratulations on getting your bike fixed and running right.

Old 06-23-2011 | 10:08 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

Can I make a suggestion? Throwing any old map on there won't get you a perfectly running motorcycle. I know, as I rode with a base/canned map from Dynojet for a long time.

I'd suggest getting the bike tuned but not by the dealer. They probably don't get training on how to tune the powercommander so to them it may very well be "impossible".

I got mine dyno-tuned for $250 (I have the pcIII).

OR! you can find a used auto-tune module for your pcV. Tune it yourself and not deal with anyone but you.