Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PC V, SERT, Crooked Dealer. I am confused. Someone help before I torch my bike!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011 | 05:44 PM
jenkinskc
|
Cruiser

luc. who

They did not do the download from Harley, I installed the parts myself because I was told having the Stage 1 download was irrelevant when you added the PC V.

Old 06-02-2011 | 05:59 PM
jkoch09ultra
Road Master

Try the cheap things first. Make sure the plug wires are seated correctly. Check the plugs for fowling. Plugs should be light brown.
Is your bike throwing a code?
I had a PCIII that got wet and the bike bucked until it dried out.
Some free things to check.

Old 06-02-2011 | 06:55 PM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member

Also, if after checking the above items, and the problem still persists.....it's possible the intake gasket is bad . I saw that happen to a friend's carb'd super glide . Acted similarly to how you explained your bike's issue .

Old 06-02-2011 | 08:34 PM
jenkinskc
|
Cruiser

Jkoch,

I will give those a try when I get the bike back next week (they have to deliver it, I cannot ride it home I just had surgery).

Thanks for the input.

Old 06-02-2011 | 08:35 PM
jenkinskc
|
Cruiser

JaysonL,

I think I am just going to buy new gaskets and install them just to completely eliminate it as a possibility but i checked for leaks and found none and supposedly the stealership looked as well as said their are no leaks. Just to be safe I am going to replace them though.

Old 06-02-2011 | 08:38 PM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member

Are you throwing any DTC codes? .. if you've got sensor issues you should have some codes being generated. Probably have a couple related to the o2 sensor jumpers, but see if you have any others.

Old 06-02-2011 | 08:47 PM
ColdCase
Road Warrior

There are plenty of tuners around that dyno tune the PCV, some dealers an many independent shops. Dyno tuning the PCV is relatively cheap, the dyno jet software pretty much guides them through it. The tuner should have the expertise to sort out your issue.

The ECU should have thrown a code without the O2 sensors connected and probably would run like crap.

Old 06-02-2011 | 08:54 PM
jenkinskc
|
Cruiser

Would the code throw cause a check engine light? If so no codes. The dealer did not indicate any codes were present when they did the 1k service and looked at the issue.

Old 06-02-2011 | 08:56 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member

I'm not going to speak about your mechanical issues, other than to say that I have a PCV bought from Jamie, and programmed for my specific setup, and have never had a single problem with it. But if you bought it from another guy, it was programmed for his bike, not what you're running.

In reference to your dealer, I wouldn't even go there again. And I mean for ANYTHING. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Power Commanders, any version of them. The dealer's just trying to **** you hard. Six hundred bucks right off the bat, and they're alrready setting you up for another 600 by saying the S.E.R.T. "might" work, but if not they'd have to put you on the dyno for 6 more hours. I'd definitely stay away from them.

Why not just spend another 300 with Jamie for another PC (if you can't get this one to work), and be done with it?

Old 06-02-2011 | 08:56 PM
jenkinskc
|
Cruiser

Coldcase,

I found another dealer that is more than willing to attempt a dyno tune. I am out of commission for a few weeks after knee surgery so am going to try and attempt to isolate any other issues that may be present before I send it out and spend another 300-400 bucks. This is just becoming a money pit considering its a new bike. I had a sporty before and ran the hell out of it and never had any problems whatsoever and this one just seems to have issue after issue.

Quick Reply: PC V, SERT, Crooked Dealer. I am confused. Someone help before I torch my bike!