Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Remove mid controls and install forward controls without removing primary!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012 | 07:00 AM
tomt
Road Master

Here is a video I made for 05 and older Dyna's. It's a little long but has more detail. The video is just one of the many How To videos I made doing my Dyna project.

The video does work. Just click on the link above the player.

Last edited by tomt; 09-23-2013 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Fix video link
Old 04-26-2012 | 10:02 PM
ltcurt33
|
Cruiser

Did you hijack my successful thread which sends thousands of people to my youtube vid only to make yours popular? Well, to that I say smart man and thank you for your video!

Seeing this stuff done takes forums to the next level. If I read something and I do it then I video tape it and share it with our brothers.

We actually have a thread where lots of useful info is without having to search 1500 threads!

Keep it going guys!

Last edited by ltcurt33; 04-26-2012 at 10:05 PM.
Old 04-26-2012 | 10:11 PM
tomt
Road Master

Originally Posted by ltcurt33
Did you hijack my successful thread which sends thousands of people to my youtube vid only to make yours popular? Well, to that I say smart man and thank you for your video!

Seeing this stuff done takes forums to the next level. If I read something and I do it then I video tape it and share it with our brothers.

We actually have a thread where lots of useful info is without having to search 1500 threads!

Keep it going guys!
That was not my plan. I just wanted to add a How To for the owners of the older 88ci. Your vid was short and right to the point, great job.

Old 04-26-2012 | 10:16 PM
ltcurt33
|
Cruiser

I'm not busting your *****..haha I was seriously thanking you! I like your video. Your camera is awesome! What were you using to film that? I just use a cell phone.

Old 04-27-2012 | 06:02 AM
tomt
Road Master

Originally Posted by ltcurt33
I'm not busting your *****..haha I was seriously thanking you! I like your video. Your camera is awesome! What were you using to film that? I just use a cell phone.
I know. That's why I put a in my Post.

The camera is a Flip Ultra HD with a 8g hard drive, by Cisco. It records about 2 hours. They don't make or sell them any more to retail stores. I got one of the last one's at Best Buy, for $75.00.

I think Cisco still sells them on their Web site.

Old 04-27-2012 | 09:15 AM
Sonny's World
Road Captain

I had absolutely no problem installing forwards on my bike without removing the primary.

I was not really happy with the still visible mid-shifter shaft (even with the chrome cap that is made to cover it.)

Eventually I did have the primary removed for a leak and happily got the mid-shifter shaft to go away... good riddance...

Old 04-27-2012 | 12:20 PM
ltcurt33
|
Cruiser

Can you share with the forum how you did it?

Old 04-28-2012 | 09:20 AM
Sonny's World
Road Captain

The only reason I would see to remove the primary in the first place, would be to remove the mid-shifter shaft (and mid-shifter arm that connects to the front of the old/short linkage)... which I eventually did.

Many people choose merely to put the "beauty cap" on the mid-shifter shaft and somehow secure the unused arm to the motor... thus not removing the primary.

Old 04-30-2012 | 08:46 AM
fez
Advanced

I converted my FXDC to forward controls two years ago. I left the mid mount shifter shaft in place and capped it with a headbolt chrome cap. I am using the stock shifter lever at the trans too. No need to replace with the longer lever in kit.Shifts fine ,no problems!

Old 04-30-2012 | 10:05 AM
Puffdaddy
Road Captain

Originally Posted by fez
I converted my FXDC to forward controls two years ago. I left the mid mount shifter shaft in place and capped it with a headbolt chrome cap. I am using the stock shifter lever at the trans too. No need to replace with the longer lever in kit.Shifts fine ,no problems!
Pics?

Quick Reply: Remove mid controls and install forward controls without removing primary!!!