Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle thumb screw, do you use it much?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 11:37 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

I set mine once. I turned it to the point that I must turn the throttle to go back to idle. Why? Because on trips I do not have to hold the throttle open. On a long ride that saves my wrist.

Old 05-31-2011, 11:41 PM
jackstrr
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

threw mine away years ago, have a palm rest.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:38 AM
11bDad
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cjlandry
I got a throttle mate and just screwed the thumb-lever onto the plastic star. Works pretty well, but the thumb-lever took some getting used to. If it were a little shorter, it would be perfect.
You could always grind it down a little shorter. I've thought about doing that to mine when the winter gloves come out again. My thumb hits it when I'm trying to use the turn signal wearing them. Otherwise, it's great. I rode 1100 miles couple of weeks ago and it sure made a difference.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:19 AM
BftXJ
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive been thinking of getting one for longer rides. it just makes sense to me im able to drop my left arm and let it realx some but my right always tends to cramp or get fatigued. this would be great to relieve that little bit of tension

Old 06-01-2011, 08:52 AM
cjlandry
Road Master

Originally Posted by 11bDad
You could always grind it down a little shorter. I've thought about doing that to mine when the winter gloves come out again. My thumb hits it when I'm trying to use the turn signal wearing them. Otherwise, it's great. I rode 1100 miles couple of weeks ago and it sure made a difference.
Yeah, I plan to grind it down when I get home. I have a laundry-list of things to do with the bike when I get home from Iraq. Only off of work for a week, then no telling where I'll be going next. Had to get a Russian visa a couple weeks ago. Livin' the dream!

Originally Posted by BftXJ
ive been thinking of getting one for longer rides. it just makes sense to me im able to drop my left arm and let it realx some but my right always tends to cramp or get fatigued. this would be great to relieve that little bit of tension
It is great! I always had throttle locks on my bikes in the past, and I was surprised to see that there are so few available today.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:58 AM
Warrior Redleg
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine is a little differant. Same concept. But cheaper. Called a Klever Lever i think...Got in on ebay for around $5. Just a little sliver of plastic that slides over the star with an extended piece to reach.......Set it once. Drop a couple of dabs of Super Glue on it. When the shoulder gets a little tired. A flip of the thumb and im on "cruise"

Attached Thumbnails Throttle thumb screw, do you use it much?-630180_04prh.jpg  
Old 06-01-2011, 09:05 AM
cjlandry
Road Master

Originally Posted by Warrior Redleg
Mine is a little differant. Same concept. But cheaper. Called a Klever Lever i think...Got in on ebay for around $5. Just a little sliver of plastic that slides over the star with an extended piece to reach.......Set it once. Drop a couple of dabs of Super Glue on it. When the shoulder gets a little tired. A flip of the thumb and im on "cruise"
I like that one. Wish I'd spotted something like that before I sprang for the throttlemate. Like I said earlier, I only used the thumb-lever from the throttle-mate kit, and attached it to the star. Yours looks better.

Old 06-01-2011, 09:38 AM
Warrior Redleg
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yep, i can honestly say i have a mod on my bike that i bought and not made for $5!!!! Well i had to buy 2 actually cause mine slipped off the first time because i forgot to put a touch of Super Glue on!

Old 06-01-2011, 10:06 AM
BigAlsRK
Road Master

Originally Posted by 11bDad
Get one of these. Works well, and not alot of bucks.
http://www.throttlemate.com/
Yep got one....use it alot on long rides.

Old 06-02-2011, 02:19 PM
Dawg Rider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have always used the thumb wheel thing regularly, even with the throttle rocker.

Quick Reply: Throttle thumb screw, do you use it much?