Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T-bars or risers for fxdf

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 08:27 PM
tray45
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-bars or risers for fxdf

Alright, ready to change up the handlebars on my 09 FXDF Fat Bob. Would like to raise the height about two inches. Do NOT want to get into swapping cables, especially the brake line due to the requirement of replacing ALL three of them.

Anyway, having a heck of a time finding 7-9" straight risers that will fit my 1.25" drag bars. Maybe just not looking in the right places? I don't need the bars any further back towards me, fine on reach, just want to raise my hand position. Have considered T-bars, but figure the riser option would be the quickest and cheapest at this time.

Please advise! Thanks!

Last edited by tray45; 05-31-2011 at 08:29 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:02 PM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

You can get some spacers from spacerjim. That's an easy fix and pretty inexpensive. I remember looking quite a while for risers and ended up going with HD Streetslammers which raised the hands from 4-1/2" rise (stock) to 7". Just enough so as to NOT have to change any cables or brake lines. Anymore of a rise and my front brake line would have needed changing. Good luck.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:21 AM
meyerz2
Advanced

If you're using the stock drag bars, I think they are actually 1 inch at the risers. I could be wrong, its been a while since I changed mine, but I seem to remember that being the case.

Old 06-07-2011, 03:02 PM
Kytann
Cruiser

Originally Posted by EricInNCa
You can get some spacers from spacerjim. That's an easy fix and pretty inexpensive. I remember looking quite a while for risers and ended up going with HD Streetslammers which raised the hands from 4-1/2" rise (stock) to 7". Just enough so as to NOT have to change any cables or brake lines. Anymore of a rise and my front brake line would have needed changing. Good luck.
Seconded. I also went with the Streetslammers, and now I couldn't imagine going back to stock.

Just enough cable length to accomplish the streetslammers.

Old 06-07-2011, 04:11 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by EricInNCa
I concur. Don't have a FATBOB but I do have street slammers. And the spacer jim option looks great on the bikes I have seen go that way.