Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Busted handle bar riser!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011 | 04:36 PM
CSS_FXD
|
Road Warrior
Default Busted handle bar riser!

Have you guys ever seen anything so crazy? My bars were a bit off so I loosened the riser bolts and grabbed the bars and twisted them to the left where they are even. Well in doing so my left riser snapped clean in half! Here is a big pic of it. Either I have superman powers or they were getting weak. Could you imagine that happening at any kind of speed?!? I bet I would not be here today.

Old 05-31-2011 | 04:40 PM
DSnoopy
Elite HDF Member

Were you with Chuck Norris' mom last night?

Glad you are okay!

Old 05-31-2011 | 04:41 PM
Hutch12
Advanced

That is really scary. You're super lucky to not have been on the road at speed. That kinda stuff will make you think twice...wow.

Old 05-31-2011 | 04:43 PM
CSS_FXD
|
Road Warrior

Ha! Nope but I did eat my wheaties lol! I am 6'4" 250 not a small guy but damn I did not really twist on the bars that bad...well not that I thought atleast .

Old 05-31-2011 | 05:24 PM
DCLXVI
Road Warrior

That is the difference between cast risers and billet ones, along with the price. Not saying that cast ones are all bad but any imperfection can cause a weak spot. Less likely with a stainless steel or billet riser.

Old 05-31-2011 | 06:47 PM
Peter Black
Road Captain

Dude that sucks! i think i will add check for broken risers to my pre ride check list. Glad that didn't happen on road

Old 05-31-2011 | 06:58 PM
Texas T
Road Master

Dang...

Glad it didnt happen when you were riding ...

Old 05-31-2011 | 07:31 PM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member

This is the exact reason I don't yank my bars against the stops when riding...that, and the fact that it's nearly impossible!

Highly doubt that would have happened while riding. Just can't see there being enough resistance with normal riding...

Old 05-31-2011 | 07:41 PM
CSS_FXD
|
Road Warrior

Thanks guys! Yeah I'm sure ifthis would have happened on the road I might not be alive today. But I was kinda twisting the bars pretty hard but still was a shock to have it clean snap like it did. They are a rubber mounted riser so they shifted a bit. News ones came today and I will be riding tomorrow. It has been a long week off my bike! I will make sure if I ever get new ones they are billett or better. But my new ones I just ordered must be cast because they were only $26 shipped.

Old 05-31-2011 | 07:45 PM
CSS_FXD
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Mascman
This is the exact reason I don't yank my bars against the stops when riding...that, and the fact that it's nearly impossible!

Highly doubt that would have happened while riding. Just can't see there being enough resistance with normal riding...
Very true I bet not but if it did it would be deadly. I did have the bars turn against the stop when I was trying to twist them straight.

Quick Reply: Busted handle bar riser!