Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Primary

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 05:00 PM
Galdog
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Pretty sure it's the bearing....

Can hear a faint sound like bearings rubbing with the bike in neutral, clutch released..... Then I put it in gear and the sound goes away.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:12 AM
Galdog
Road Warrior

Gonna ride to the dealer today and see what they think. Have surfed the net and have quite a bit of info about the 2006 IPB issue.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:50 AM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by DCLXVI
If you can do any wrenching yourself just get the replacement bearing from Baker. It should take less than 2 hours to change it if you go slow and the bearing is less than $50. Once you go with the Baker bearing you won't have an issue any more. When the factory bearing fails it's usually slow and obvious. It ain't leave you stranded so you could just keep riding till it gets real bad.

It's not just replacing the bearing that takes care of the issue. What takes care of the issue, is having the tranny pin-located to the inner primary, which in '06 it wasn't... however I believe that requires a new tranny case IIRC. The Moco changed all that in '07, as well as the rotor issue.

Old 06-01-2011, 12:00 PM
Galdog
Road Warrior

Just left the dealer, the tech said there is a definite issue in the primary but until they get into it, he can't say.
Called the MOCO and they gave me a reference number so am taking the bike back in today because it is getting louder. The woman would not admit this is a common problem, but the dealer did, he said it is very common with the "06" model.

Old 06-01-2011, 12:27 PM
Steve06FXDB
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you keep us posted on your progress with your dealer. I just bought an 06 as well and it has 3500 miles on it. I am aware of the issue and have done tons of research. If I had of known of the issue before hand I would have went for the 07 or later model!

Old 06-01-2011, 12:28 PM
06hdsb
Advanced

I have an 2006 street bob with 8k on it. Same noise started and got worse. Took it to Hd dealer. IPB went out. Hd covered it.

Old 06-01-2011, 01:10 PM
hd_sob
Road Master

Originally Posted by Galdog
Called the MOCO and they gave me a reference number
what number did you call? can it be found on their website? did they give up the reference number pretty easily, or is there a secret keyword/pass-phrase?

Old 06-01-2011, 01:49 PM
Galdog
Road Warrior

The phone number is 1-414-343-4056.... The dealer actually gave me the number!

Woman took my info, told me she couldn't find any notices on this issue. Then was gone for awhile and came back, and gave me my reference number (have a feeling she knows something).

Changed oil for the hell of it, yea, shavings on plug.

Taking bike to dealer and leaving it tonight. Gonna have them check the 2 piece stator, and install the new style tensioner (probably pay to replace this myself).

Old 06-01-2011, 02:08 PM
hd_sob
Road Master

Originally Posted by Galdog
The phone number is 1-414-343-4056.... The dealer actually gave me the number!

Woman took my info, told me she couldn't find any notices on this issue. Then was gone for awhile and came back, and gave me my reference number (have a feeling she knows something).
yeh. its only been an issue for the last five years. thanks for the phone number, bro'...

Old 06-01-2011, 05:38 PM
Galdog
Road Warrior

Dropped bike off, callled HD again and this woman did say it is a problem and HD is working with owners of "06" Dynas to make it right, we'll see.

Quick Reply: Primary