Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust for street bob ????????

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 05:39 PM
STREETWALKER
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust for street bob ????????

which pipes do you reccomend for 2011 street bob? also power commander and air cleaner?? i would really like to hear the bike. i cannot stand the sound from the stock system. also the bike seem to run weak compared to my old HD. what do you guys think is good preformance wise? any advise is greatly appreciated.
thank you.

Old 05-28-2011, 06:44 PM
crazyanimal
Road Captain
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I have a 2011 street bob and I searched high and low for a pipe that I would enjoy spending my money on. I am the type that enjoys a deep throaty rumble and not a high pitched vance & hines no baffle sound. I went with a Cobra slip on. They are a beautiful 3 inch size pipe which suits the bike very well considering the large stock pipes that are on them. The Cobra's give you a tip so you can move it with a slash down, slash out etc sort of look. They do sound very nice and if you search on the forum, I posted a video of the before and after. It is hard to read with the video camera but they are much louder. With the slip ons, you do not need to do the air cleaner or download and I've put about 300 miles on the new pipes and my bike works fantastic. More pick up power and I got a bit more on the top end as well. I am very pleased with them and though they are not overly popular just yet, it truly depends on the sound you are looking for.

I might add, the slip ons look great and are far cheaper then a whole pipe system.

Old 05-28-2011, 07:26 PM
Shaved Ice
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts

I too went with slip ons on my 2011 Street Bob. I chose the 3 inch Vance and Hines Slash Cut Slip Ons for several reasons and price wasn't one of them. I like the looks of the stock pipes but the sounded like they were choking the motor. The Vance and Hines offers both a quieter baffle and a competition baffle for future options. The original head pipe has a cross over pipe giving the performance benefits of the 2-1-2 system. The old school look of the street bob would be compromised by a 2-1 system. All of the 2-2 systems I looked at were either too modern looking or too "80s" looking for my taste.

I can't tell you my opinion of the exhaust on my bike yet. I only ordered them on wednesday, along with an Arlen Ness Big Sucker and a Power Commander V. I'll update in a few days once its all together.

Last edited by Shaved Ice; 05-28-2011 at 07:28 PM.
Old 05-28-2011, 08:56 PM
djack
Road Master

i went with screaming eagle supertuner,thunderheader and screaming eagle heavy breather and am very happy

Old 05-28-2011, 09:03 PM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Thunderheader, as stated above .

Old 05-28-2011, 09:11 PM
hddan502
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Cobra Dragsters, although I think someone said they were discontinuing them. Great quality good sound.

Old 05-28-2011, 09:12 PM
HD Bobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 201 Likes on 154 Posts

D&D fat cat, thundermax, and screaming eagle heavy breather. Just awesome! You'll get the best power from the thunder header, d&d, and Vance and hines pro pipe

Old 05-28-2011, 09:16 PM
COBRA90GT
Novice
Talking

Originally Posted by STREETWALKER
...would really like to hear the bike. i cannot stand the sound from the stock system...

Agreed - was thinking the same exact thing when I test rode one during a demo day...g'luck with the new exhaust search !

Old 05-29-2011, 12:19 AM
Karsten
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So I am the odd ball here and happen to like the stock head pipes and the lines they add to the bike.

Now that said the factory Mufflers were more akin to a Honda than a Harley and I tried everything including Rush Slipons (note, Rush Slipons were and great improvement)

After having a bunch work done on the motor I still opted to stay with the stock head pipes, Rush cans as now they have no baffles and BCT baffles in the head pipes.

One of these days I will figure out how to do vid with my new camera if it ever stops raining here.

Karsten

Old 06-01-2011, 01:04 PM
STREETWALKER
Cruiser

Thank you guys for the helpfull information. Your advise should make my choice a lot easier. I am still trying to get accustomed to riding the dyna. it is a lot different from my old 01 fat boy which i traded in. i wonder if i am the only person who went from a softail to dyna. the suspension is a lot different. dyna handles better but is a lot stiffer.

Quick Reply: Exhaust for street bob ????????