Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bike Leaning - Driving Me INSANE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 04:55 PM
South Jersey Scooter Trash
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

primary and belt torque.

Old 05-27-2011, 05:03 PM
SuperFastGlide
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you just need to measure from the center of your rear axle. to the little hole in the swingaram (thats what its for) both sides should read the same... harley makes a tool if you want one, and mud has a thread about making his own.... i just use a 6 inch measuring scale.... easy

Old 05-27-2011, 08:00 PM
hddan502
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperFastGlide
you just need to measure from the center of your rear axle. to the little hole in the swingaram (thats what its for) both sides should read the same... harley makes a tool if you want one, and mud has a thread about making his own.... i just use a 6 inch measuring scale.... easy
Yes do exactly that!

Old 05-27-2011, 08:11 PM
cjlandry
Road Master

Originally Posted by SuperFastGlide
Yeah, I have the HD service manual for '11 Dynas waiting for me at home. I'll give this a go first. I figure mine's gotta be a mis-aligned rear wheel because of the steering head being slightly off center.

I'd imagine that an overhead shot would show the rear wheel tracking about 1/4" to the right of the front while riding (just a wild *** guess on the 1/4").

The "string trick" seems pretty fool-proof, though, in case I can't get it close enough with the standard procedure.

Old 05-28-2011, 06:06 AM
==ShaDoW==
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sounds like a tracking issue, I know you said it wasn't but you also said if you pull it up true in the middle, it then pulls right so that sounds like tracking to me, have you checked the motor mounts? as for shifting your weight I don't believe it for a second I am a left leg amputee and as such my left leg of course weighs a lot less than my right even with my weight shifted a bit to compensate I have no issue keeping my bike true and straight I have let go of the bars a number of times with out issues, are all you wheels running true have you had someone ride or drive behind you either with a video camera or by sight and check the alignment? I would guess you motor is of center at the top myself either that or your frame is twisted has it been crashed?

Old 05-28-2011, 06:30 AM
99superglide
Tourer

My wifes Sportster did exactly the same thing when we 1st got it. If you let up on the grips while riding you had to lean to the right to keep it straight. It needed a new rear tire and after it was replaced it greatly reduced this issue to barely noticable so I'm thinking it either had to be alignment or wear of the rear tire that caused it.

Old 05-29-2011, 12:04 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I would check rear wheel alignment along with if the fork tubes are level with each other.