Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bummed out with My Clean Bob

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 03:30 PM
Montana Cowboy
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Find a gravel road and run that puppy for a few miles.....that ought to get you started.

Old 05-29-2011, 07:24 AM
rdl
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what kind of pipe is that?

Old 05-29-2011, 07:26 AM
TORQUEY
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by jwlehman
New paint on the tins...something denim...black or OD green.

Yes, the tins. As for me, I like the clean Bob.

Old 05-29-2011, 07:50 AM
goblin127
Tourer

I like the clean bob look. Nice color that will age well. Living in the north east will beat that bob up just fine. Be patient.

Old 05-29-2011, 08:01 AM
Deftone5
Advanced

You guys got this all wrong...All I meant was that I worked hard to set it up with great looking accessories and at the end I felt like maybe it was getting too "clean looking"...I guess when you ask for opinions you take your chances.

For the guys who wanted to know about the parts, the pipes are Bub Lakesters 2 into 1. Bub is out of them but Westend Motorsports has them. They are loud when you open it up but not so bad my neighbors are giving me dirty looks.

The solo bag is from Garage Leathers and its really well made, thick leather that I'm sure will last forever...that is unless it flies off the bike because of the way it mounts. The top mounts with canvas straps to the fender supports but the bottom mounted to the chain guard support and that has been a problem. I emailed Rob at Garage Leathers about it and he never responded so take your chances...for a $250 solo bag its not cool that they leave you hanging.

The issue is that the strap and numerous zip ties keep snapping, getting cut by the vibrations. I currently have a metal zip tie wrapped in black electrical tape to keep it from cutting the leather loop. I left it pretty loose to give it play also...I'll let you know if it works any better...I might post its own thread actually with photos to see if you guys have any better solutions...

Thanks to all who gave me real suggestions. To everybody who razzed me, may the juiciest **** fly in your neighborhood hit you square in the face on your next ride lol...

Old 05-29-2011, 08:21 AM
sm0kediver
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftone5
To everybody who razzed me, may the juiciest **** fly in your neighborhood hit you square in the face on your next ride lol...
That already happened this morning

Old 05-29-2011, 01:45 PM
CSS_FXD
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Good looking bike man. Good luck with your quest.

Last edited by CSS_FXD; 05-29-2011 at 02:39 PM.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:35 PM
DonN
Road Warrior
Received 207 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftone5
You guys got this all wrong...All I meant was that I worked hard to set it up with great looking accessories and at the end I felt like maybe it was getting too "clean looking"...I guess when you ask for opinions you take your chances.

For the guys who wanted to know about the parts, the pipes are Bub Lakesters 2 into 1. Bub is out of them but Westend Motorsports has them. They are loud when you open it up but not so bad my neighbors are giving me dirty looks.

The solo bag is from Garage Leathers and its really well made, thick leather that I'm sure will last forever...that is unless it flies off the bike because of the way it mounts. The top mounts with canvas straps to the fender supports but the bottom mounted to the chain guard support and that has been a problem. I emailed Rob at Garage Leathers about it and he never responded so take your chances...for a $250 solo bag its not cool that they leave you hanging.

The issue is that the strap and numerous zip ties keep snapping, getting cut by the vibrations. I currently have a metal zip tie wrapped in black electrical tape to keep it from cutting the leather loop. I left it pretty loose to give it play also...I'll let you know if it works any better...I might post its own thread actually with photos to see if you guys have any better solutions...

Thanks to all who gave me real suggestions. To everybody who razzed me, may the juiciest **** fly in your neighborhood hit you square in the face on your next ride lol...
You can try some cheap Wal Mart dog collars instead of zip ties. Just punch some holes to make it smaller and then trim off excess. Works well on my tool bag that I attached to the side.