Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beefing up the front end

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011 | 10:14 AM
Hibrion
|
Cruiser
Default Beefing up the front end

Hi Guys. I'm considering "beefing up" the front end on my 92 wideglide. I have a fatboy front wheel and fender with a 9 inch headlight and I feel the upper forks look a bit wimpy as they are. Does anyone know if you can get covers for them like on a heritage softail?
Thanks for any info you may have.

Old 05-25-2011 | 10:36 AM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member

The lower triple tree of the FL Softails (Fat Boy, Heritage and DeLuxe) have bosses on the outboard sides and fore and aft ... the outboard bosses accept the mounting bolts for the upper tins ... the fore and aft bosses accept the bolts for the upper fork slider covers ....

There used to be an aftermarket kit that allowed one to 'add on' the tin covers ... it was a kind of frame that added steel straps with tapped holes into which the tins could be mounted over the stock Wide Glide triple trees ... but, I am fairly certain this kit has been discontinued ... I believe it might have been produced by Rick Doss company ....

I think the upper triple tree of the Wide Glide have the outboard bosses and are more or less interchangable with the FLST ones ... you would have to check ....

R/
'Chop

Old 05-26-2011 | 08:39 AM
Hibrion
|
Cruiser

Thanks I'll check that out. I'm thinking of putting black upper fork sliders on. anyone know what size I should be ordering?