Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bars, Bars, Bars

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 04:30 PM
Pyr8willy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bars, Bars, Bars

Hey guys,
New here. I just got an 04' FXDI. So far I've got a new mustang solo seat and replaced the stock cruiser bars for drags. After a day of drags with stock risers, I got 6.5 inch risers. I'm still not in love with the set up. I am torn between 9" t bars, or 14-16 apes. I want to know your guy's pros and cons on the two. Its a big purchase just yo jump in.
Thanks

Old 05-24-2011, 04:42 PM
Bo_Jangles
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

depends on how you ride, agressive lane splitting action, or cruising in the wind. Sounds like you already have the drag bar set up and just want it higher. So T-bars? but if the look of apes is what you want then...... the decision is yours, seeming how it is your bike. There are plenty of picture on here of both set-ups. I would just get some taller risers, but at some point you are going to run out of stock cable and thats some extra $$$

Old 05-24-2011, 07:34 PM
Pyr8willy
Advanced

Originally Posted by Bo_Jangles
depends on how you ride, agressive lane splitting action, or cruising in the wind. Sounds like you already have the drag bar set up and just want it higher. So T-bars? but if the look of apes is what you want then...... the decision is yours, seeming how it is your bike. There are plenty of picture on here of both set-ups. I would just get some taller risers, but at some point you are going to run out of stock cable and thats some extra $$$
I am not that agressive of a rider, I will lane split, but not a whole lot of ***** out through town. I prefer to just cruise. I am aiming more towards apes, but Id like to see pix of both for comparison. I dont want to shell out 300+ for something Im going to hate. I understand to each their own, but theres a lot of knowledge here I can use.

Old 05-24-2011, 07:45 PM
jupiter2
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

16" apes in sig pic. Could not possibly love them more.

Old 05-24-2011, 07:55 PM
Pyr8willy
Advanced

Originally Posted by jupiter2
16" apes in sig pic. Could not possibly love them more.
Man, I love that look. Im 6'1" so I dont have a reach issue. I am really leaning towards apes.

Old 05-24-2011, 07:56 PM
09DynaRyder
Advanced

First mod was mini apes. Very comfortable and you don't sacrifice control

Old 05-24-2011, 08:20 PM
fskitch
Road Master
Received 384 Likes on 196 Posts

The 12" mini apes came stock on mine and they were very comfortable. I switched to the 12" t-bars because they seemed to flow with the bike better. I'm much happier with the way the bike handles. I ride fairly aggressive, so this was a major improvement for my style.

Attached Thumbnails Bars, Bars, Bars-img_0271.jpg   Bars, Bars, Bars-img_0272.jpg  
Old 05-24-2011, 08:24 PM
Sevendcmc
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Added some Road6 bars to my bike. Love them and their prices aren't bad.

Old 05-24-2011, 09:01 PM
Pyr8willy
Advanced

Originally Posted by fskitch
The 12" mini apes came stock on mine and they were very comfortable. I switched to the 12" t-bars because they seemed to flow with the bike better. I'm much happier with the way the bike handles. I ride fairly aggressive, so this was a major improvement for my style.
I like the way the T bars look, but I have an issue. My 04 has the single Speedo that mounts to the risers. Has anyone else installed T bars on 04-05. what did you do to overcome the speedo issue?

Old 05-24-2011, 09:05 PM
jbrown4217
Cruiser

I have 16" burly narrow apes and it is by far my favorite set up of any bike I have owned. If you do the work yourself and end up hating them I'm sure you'll have no problem selling them in the classified section. Dosen't seem to me like I have seen many posts on here about guys who tried apes and hated them though.

Quick Reply: Bars, Bars, Bars