Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Codes PO131 and PO151 - Intake

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 01:07 PM
flynavy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Codes PO131 and PO151 - Intake

Greets all,

Just wanted to share with ya'll a little thing that I just experienced, in case anyone else runs into it.

Since 2008 I have been running a Stage I on my 07 SB - V&H Fuelpak, V&H SS Slip-Ons, and XIED's.

I do all my own mods and regualr maintenance, except for tire changes. Had my rear replaced at the end of last season, and when I picked it up at the HD dealer, the work order showed the ECU had stored codes PO131 and 151 (Front and Rear O2 sensor low (lean)), but cleared them.

I never really thought much about it, until the beginning of this riding season, I check for codes now and then, and sometimes I had those codes stored, sometimes not. Usually always 131 came back, but sometimes both 131 and 151 would be there. The bike has always run strong and clean.

I run with the "Mud Mod" on my big sucker a/c, so the air cleaner is always open. I also always have to place a shower cap on the filter if I am not at home, and expect rain - just to keep the filter dry. I kinda got sick of that, so I just bought and installed the HD smooth air cleaner cover.

Now I dont have to worry about the rain. But...have not had either code stored now for well over 200 miles and numerous starts and stops. I also notice that the bike is a tad (just a tad mind you) quieter and the throttle response a tad smoother. I typically "just pass" the noise meter at inspection time, bet I would pass easily now.

Anyway, the bike runs great as always, maybe better in my own mind. The A/C looks great and works awesome. I even placed the mud mod a/c cover cut out on top of the smooth cover and it looks pissah!!! Looks almost like a stock HD a/c cover....just without the football.

Stands to reason I guess - if it was throwing lean codes*, now less air in....makes sense.

Have a great season all!!!

*Nightrider does specify these 2 codes can be stored if running the XIED's on the TC96 motor and EFI. But will not hinder performance.

Hope this helps somebody out.