Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hotel/ Biketoberfest 2011?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 07:29 AM
force49r
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hotel/ Biketoberfest 2011?

Ok guys, me and my buddy are gonna trailer down to Daytona for Bikertoberfest. Would love to ride down but his job on the road makes it way difficult. Anyway found a room at the LaQuita Inn, it's located between I-95 and the airport. $503 tax and all for 5 nights. Does anybody know if it's a dump? Anybody else have any other suggestions if it is? We're kinda going in blind. Neither one of has been down there since spring Bikeweek 1994. It's called "Life" I guess. Ex wives, girlfriends, kids, child support, work! But hey, all's well now! Both proud H-D owners! Oh yeah....where the hell can we ditch, or should I say park the trailer? Didn't mean to ramble, but damn near ALL my "technical" info comes from the forum. Much thanks guys!

Old 05-21-2011, 08:08 AM
RonnR
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by force49r
Ok guys, me and my buddy are gonna trailer down to Daytona for Bikertoberfest. Would love to ride down but his job on the road makes it way difficult. Anyway found a room at the LaQuita Inn, it's located between I-95 and the airport. $503 tax and all for 5 nights. Does anybody know if it's a dump? Anybody else have any other suggestions if it is? We're kinda going in blind. Neither one of has been down there since spring Bikeweek 1994. It's called "Life" I guess. Ex wives, girlfriends, kids, child support, work! But hey, all's well now! Both proud H-D owners! Oh yeah....where the hell can we ditch, or should I say park the trailer? Didn't mean to ramble, but damn near ALL my "technical" info comes from the forum. Much thanks guys!
You woud have been much better off not mentioning the 'trailer down' part, and just stuck with the lodging question..

Where are you going to 'ditch, or should I say park the trailer'? Well,, ditch it with the 'car or truck' that towed it.
You'll have the bikes to ride, right?

Old 05-21-2011, 08:12 AM
blacknsilver
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Well from my experience with La Quinta Inns is great. Never been to the one in Daytona but have stayed in many of them and I like them.

Old 05-21-2011, 08:28 AM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

If the Hotel hasn't changed much, back in 08 it was really nice, I stayed at the Marriott Courtyard not to far from there, had a few people that rode up with us who stayed at La Quinta, I can't remember how big the parking lot is, just call and ask, most people who trailer leave the vehicle and trailer in the parking lot of the hotel.

Old 05-21-2011, 10:28 AM
DCLXVI
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

I've not stayed at that one but I've never stayed at a LaQuinta that was too dumpy. Most where pretty nice. Central FL has tons of hotel inventory so most are kept in good shape. It's too competitive and if you don't keep them looking good people will go elsewhere.

Old 05-21-2011, 02:35 PM
force49r
Tourer

Thanks guys. I'm there! Sorry RonnR, but working shift work makes it hard to live the "Live Hard Die Free" lifestyle. But you never know! Maybe one day I'll be there!

Old 05-21-2011, 05:13 PM
kirk180
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One more thing to consider: There's plenty of travel websites that offer reviews of the hotels you'll be staying in. Read the reviews there, as they're often very helpful. I've had them paint the perfect image of places (ups and downs) a few times in the past to when I got 'there' I knew exactly what to expect...foreign and domestic. Everything from a loud side vs a quiet one, sunrise, wall thickness, paying for parking, to where the ice machines are, check out, AC's, etc, etc...the reviews have it all. Some things I wouldn't have even considered looking into myself.

Old 05-21-2011, 06:43 PM
RonnR
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by force49r
Thanks guys. I'm there! Sorry RonnR, but working shift work makes it hard to live the "Live Hard Die Free" lifestyle. But you never know! Maybe one day I'll be there!
I realized after I posted that , it sounded a little rude ,, I'm sorry,,

However, I fail to see what your work schedule has to do with riding your bike or towing. If you have enough time in your shift work schedule to tow your bike to a rally, then you have more than enough time to ride it. Riding would take less time... And be so much more injoyable.

Do you really feel that riding your bike to a bike rally is a "Live Hard Die Free" lifestyle?

Old 05-21-2011, 07:10 PM
DOCTONTO
Intermediate

at least he was being honest.... I have met quite a few that would ditch the truck and trailer in rapid city and "ride" in and pretend that they made the trip on their scoot....

Old 05-21-2011, 07:15 PM
DOCTONTO
Intermediate

(accident) anyhow there is no great place to leave your truck in any metro urban area... just find a nicer truck and trailer and park beside it... maybe the douchers that wanna get something for nothing would rather loot the "better" truck

Quick Reply: Hotel/ Biketoberfest 2011?