Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Bob '08 new bars

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 03:21 PM
AndyBob
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Street Bob '08 new bars

Hey. Thinking of swapping the bars on my 08 Bob for some WILD 1 CHUBBY KNUCKLE BAR 2" bars together with 2" Loner Industries risers. Can I get away with the stock cables, or am I being a bit optimistic?

Any other suggestions for lower bars without costing too much would be appreciate. (Just about to lose my job.)

Old 05-21-2011, 01:04 PM
cornishman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AndyBob
Hey. Thinking of swapping the bars on my 08 Bob for some WILD 1 CHUBBY KNUCKLE BAR 2" bars together with 2" Loner Industries risers. Can I get away with the stock cables, or am I being a bit optimistic?

Any other suggestions for lower bars without costing too much would be appreciate. (Just about to lose my job.)
I had a set WILD 1 Knuckle bars - it was my first set of bars after stock - only i kept the stock risers which are 1 1/2" rise i believe. I used all the stock cables etc with no issues, so i,m sure with 2" risers you will be ok.
Here,s pics with them at the time.

Attached Thumbnails Street Bob '08 new bars-059.jpg   Street Bob '08 new bars-087.jpg   Street Bob '08 new bars-089.jpg  
Old 05-21-2011, 01:18 PM
AndyBob
Novice

Thanks Cornishman. Your bob looks great with the bars and the advice is invaluable. Cheapest place I've found for them is amazon.com. Taxes paid too.

Old 05-21-2011, 02:04 PM
cornishman
Road Master

Thanks Cornishman. Your bob looks great with the bars and the advice is invaluable. Cheapest place I've found for them is amazon.com. Taxes paid too.
Thanks, although i have Flanders Clubman,s now with 3" risers as per my signature pic.

Old 05-22-2011, 03:58 PM
AndyBob
Novice

Originally Posted by cornishman
Thanks, although i have Flanders Clubman,s now with 3" risers as per my signature pic.
The flanders bars are pretty cool. Same cables too? I'll take a peak at those if that's ok with you! I'll have to stick with the 2" risers though. 08 Bobs have the built in risers. Capt America helmet nice too.

Old 05-22-2011, 04:14 PM
AndyBob
Novice

Hi Cornishman. Are the Flanders bars the wide clubman or the narrow? Found em on http://www.sideroadcycles.com/Americ...RoadGlide.html

You source more uk based?

Old 05-23-2011, 03:25 PM
cornishman
Road Master

Hi Cornishman. Are the Flanders bars the wide clubman or the narrow? Found em on http://www.sideroadcycles.com/Americ...RoadGlide.html

You source more uk based?
Yes they are Clubman wide bars. They have a similar stance to the Knuckle bars you mention but being narrower -31" against 36" - i feel more comfortable and less open to the wind, if that makes sense.
I had to go with 3" risers for tank clearance and thats with the indicators sited off the forks. These are the 4th set of bars including the stock bars and they are by far the best......so far.
I bought them on ebay from the USA, i was the only one to bid and got them for less than £40 shipped. I drilled and slotted them for internal wiring and had them powder coated.
I don,t know if you look on the USA websites and ebay, but i have bought more from there than over here and usually with great service.

Old 05-27-2011, 02:21 PM
AndyBob
Novice

Originally Posted by cornishman
Yes they are Clubman wide bars. They have a similar stance to the Knuckle bars you mention but being narrower -31" against 36" - i feel more comfortable and less open to the wind, if that makes sense.
I had to go with 3" risers for tank clearance and thats with the indicators sited off the forks. These are the 4th set of bars including the stock bars and they are by far the best......so far.
I bought them on ebay from the USA, i was the only one to bid and got them for less than £40 shipped. I drilled and slotted them for internal wiring and had them powder coated.
I don,t know if you look on the USA websites and ebay, but i have bought more from there than over here and usually with great service.
Cheers Cornishman. Have been checking ebay as per your advice and the prices aren't too bad, better than the Wild1. Will look at the 4" risers from loner.

Old 05-27-2011, 02:31 PM
AndyBob
Novice

Sorry bud, forgot to ask if cables are still stock.

Cheers

AndyBob

Old 05-29-2011, 02:01 PM
cornishman
Road Master

Sorry bud, forgot to ask if cables are still stock.

Cheers

AndyBob
Stock throttle cables,although they are a touch long. I changed the clutch cable for a 3" shorter cable. The brake hose is same length as stock, although for these bars a little long. I might change the throttle and brake hose in the future, but at present i,m about to "bobber" an old BMW R80 that i,ve been using as a winter hack so funds / time are a little tight at present.

Quick Reply: Street Bob '08 new bars