Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 fat bob pipes

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 04:57 PM
moosearms
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 fat bob pipes

I just bought a 2011 Fat Bob a few months ago and I would like to change the pipes on it to sound more like a Harley. Trying not to affect the performance or anything, unless of course it makes it better. ha.
Any suggestions from anyone?

Thanks!

Old 05-18-2011, 05:15 PM
fenderzig
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do a quick search...you will find tons of opinions on this but you might start with Vance and Hines.

Old 05-18-2011, 06:36 PM
rdl
Novice

Also riding a fatbob also looking to get a new exhaust, my question for those reading is "What is the best manufacturer or best quality system i.e. Bassani, Vance and Hines, D&D, thunderheader, etc." Who has experience good or bad?

Old 05-18-2011, 07:00 PM
Glock Enthusiast
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I just put Vance and Hines Big Radius 2 -2 on my Fat Bob. I thought when I picked up my brand new bike it was the biggest smile I have ever had. I was wrong. Starting the bike up after installing these pipes was the biggest smile. They are amazing.

Old 05-18-2011, 11:36 PM
Spacebarrister
6th Gear

I've just recently installed V&H Big Radius 2-1 (black) on my 2008 Fat Bob (pewter denim). Great Harley sound!
I chose V&H primarily because of its long partnership with HD racing. And I believe that the race track is the best place for research and development.

The rest of the exhaust system includes Thunder Max auto tune, and SE heavy breather. The Thunder Max is in a class of its own when it comes to tuners. As far as the A/C goes, I got it at a great deal and it was already powder coated the way I wanted and came with extras from the guy who sold and installed for me.

Last edited by Spacebarrister; 05-18-2011 at 11:46 PM.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:16 AM
DynaWide42
Cruiser

Rush slip-ons. They look just like the stock and sound 100 times better.

Old 05-19-2011, 12:38 AM
los
Advanced

If you care about looks probably v&h's... If you care about performance, T-header or some other 2-1.

Old 05-19-2011, 06:16 AM
FFGomer
Stage IV

I'm pretty new to Harleys and I also just ordered a 2011 Fat Bob. I have to wait until I get back from Iraq to ride it but I'm trying to figure out what mods I plan to do once I get home. Like Spacebarrister, I'm planning on a SE Heavy Breather and V&H pipes. As far as the tuner, what is everyone's recommendations? I've looked at the V&H Fuelpak, the Thunder Max, and the SERT. Are there major differences between them? Advantages/disadvantages? And I guess most importantly, what are the warranty implications of these add-ons? Is it true that as long as the dealer puts them on then the warranty won't be voided? Or is that only if I stick to SE parts?

Old 05-19-2011, 06:36 AM
blacknsilver
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

V&H Big Shots here and they sound great! Get 2 in 1 pipes for better performance.

Old 05-19-2011, 07:39 AM
zencaptain
Advanced

I'm with DynaWide. I really like my Rush slip ons, I wanted the stock look but more than the stock sound.

Quick Reply: 2011 fat bob pipes