Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ANOTHER Helmet Thread...With a stinky twist

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 08:18 AM
jack0890
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ANOTHER Helmet thread...stinky twist

Just bought an Outlaw model T-68 flat black with no Outlaw sticker on it. DOT legal, light, and comfortable. I think it set me back $38.00 with shipping from Leatherup.com.

Old 05-22-2011, 05:37 PM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

I think you're about to be disappointed. There is a reason you don't see them modeled on a real head. I sent mine back.

Old 05-22-2011, 06:01 PM
cjlandry
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DSnoopy
Is there a helmet law in LA?

I have actually planned hundreds of miles out of my way on road trips to avoid state laws.

For a brief time, while Mike Foster was Governor of Louisiana, there was no helmet law. The "brilliant mind" which is the majority of Louisiana voters, then elected Governor Blanco, who immediately reinstated the helmet law upon taking office.

It has yet to be removed from the books again.

I was fortunate enough to get out of Louisiana just before she was elected, and was very glad to be in Corpus Christi, TX when Katrina hit.

Unfortunately, I wasn't riding when Foster was in office, so my days of riding in Louisiana all required wearing a helmet. I wore a 3/4 helmet because I couldn't find a clam-shell that didn't make me look like a major dork.

Now that I live in Texas, and have freedom of choice, I choose to wear a 3/4 helmet whenever I'm on the freeway for more than a few minutes. I got a Daytona helmet from an ebay dealer for a good price.

I still look like a dork with a helmet, just not so much as with a half-shell.

Old 05-22-2011, 08:31 PM
biggdog747
Advanced

http://www.daytonahelmets.com/home/d...ebel_flag.html
this is the helmet i bought and love it.

Old 05-22-2011, 08:31 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Warrior...is there anyway to remove the liner and clean it with one of those 'pet stain/odor' cleaners? or...just spray it with said cleaner and then give it a good rinsing with the hose?

Old 05-22-2011, 08:55 PM
Finkrat59
6th Gear

Anybody who owns a daytona helmet have any pictures you can post? I hear they are the lowest profile dot helmets out. Mine doesnt make me look like kupa troopa off super mario bros TOO bad... But still not thrilled.
As much as i like the novelty helmet look, id rather stay safe. And not a veggie.

Ive looked for reviews of the helmet, but dont see any even on youtube.

Old 05-22-2011, 09:48 PM
cjlandry
Road Master

Originally Posted by Finkrat59
Anybody who owns a daytona helmet have any pictures you can post? I hear they are the lowest profile dot helmets out. Mine doesnt make me look like kupa troopa off super mario bros TOO bad... But still not thrilled.
As much as i like the novelty helmet look, id rather stay safe. And not a veggie.

Ive looked for reviews of the helmet, but dont see any even on youtube.
Google image search on Daytona 3/4 helmet gives plenty of results.

Here's one:

Old 05-22-2011, 09:51 PM
MIKETOW
Advanced

I rode for years without a helmet, but not anymore. Your head hitting the pavement at 15 mph can kill you. Do you have a family to take care of? I do not wear a helmet all of the time. It does make sense to wear it at least some of the time. One in three people have a smart phone. One in two people will have a smart phone by December. DISTRACTED DRIVERS.This is just common sense not a law.

Old 05-23-2011, 07:05 AM
Warrior Redleg
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
Warrior...is there anyway to remove the liner and clean it with one of those 'pet stain/odor' cleaners? or...just spray it with said cleaner and then give it a good rinsing with the hose?
Thats exactly what i did friday. Went to 3 or 4 places here local and tried on helmets. Couldnt find any i really liked or had them in my size so i came home. soaked it in cleaner, set it by the fan till it dried, repeated that process two more times. THen i soaked it in febreeze, dried it, soaked it in febreeze again, dried it...All good now.....