Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

batwing fairing

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 06:48 PM
danrad55
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did the wings help?

Originally Posted by perki48
I just put the Dyna Batwing on mine a couple of weeks ago. It made a big difference and eliminated buffeting but still got a lot of wind from the side of the fairing that seemed to be hitting the tank and comming up my body. I noticed that if I put my feet up where The lowers ( I think they call them WINGS) are the problem went away. I ordered the lowers and they will be here this week.
Considering this fairing as well and was wondering if you received the WINGS and installed them yet? If you did, did they help reduce or eliminate the buffeting you were getting before? Are they adjustable like the Wings on the H.D. Touring bikes? Thanks for your help.

Old 06-16-2011, 07:23 PM
NELS
Road Master
Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

Have the MS on my Road King with the wings and it works well. Reason for posting? I ordered the MS tri pouch as it is sold as American made . When I got it it had a flag on the front of the box but the pouch had a tag that reads " made in China, designed in the USA" Ticked me off and the angle makes items fall out when you open the center pouch. Sorry if this sounds like a rant but though you all might wnat to know. Some of us still look for the Made in America tags

Old 06-16-2011, 08:34 PM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,400 Likes on 2,028 Posts

Originally Posted by danrad55
Considering this fairing as well and was wondering if you received the WINGS and installed them yet? If you did, did they help reduce or eliminate the buffeting you were getting before? Are they adjustable like the Wings on the H.D. Touring bikes? Thanks for your help.
Check post #17 & #19 and you'll see the wings, lowers, or whatever you want to call them. They are not adjustable but seem to help some. It won't quit raining long enough to get to ride far enough to really get to test them here in North Idaho.

Old 06-17-2011, 01:19 AM
atmsanchez
Novice
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by perki48
This is all I have for now Ronn, I hope they show what you want.
? is that a wide glide, if it is can u post a pick of the whole bike. I have been considering this for mine, but wanted to see how it would look. Thanks

Old 06-17-2011, 01:35 AM
Sixty-Sicks
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I just picked up a vintage fairing at a garage sale today, its in excellent shape and looks just like one of the ones you guys have pics of. Have no idea what application it was for, but pretty sure it will fit on my superglide. the only sticker it has on it says TWELFTH DIMENSION FAIRINGS, all research leads to dead ends, anyone heard of these?

Old 06-17-2011, 01:50 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,547 Likes on 6,276 Posts

Originally Posted by NELS
Have the MS on my Road King with the wings and it works well. Reason for posting? I ordered the MS tri pouch as it is sold as American made . When I got it it had a flag on the front of the box but the pouch had a tag that reads " made in China, designed in the USA" Ticked me off and the angle makes items fall out when you open the center pouch. Sorry if this sounds like a rant but though you all might wnat to know. Some of us still look for the Made in America tags
Yeah, I was looking at AMERICAN Greeting Father's Day cards today. Made in China. Bought one of their made in USA cards. You telling me for$ 4.99 they can't afford to pay an American Worker? Who do they think will be able to afford their ripoff cards when everyone is unemployed? Sorry for Hijack. Just sayin.

Old 06-17-2011, 10:30 AM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,400 Likes on 2,028 Posts

Originally Posted by atmsanchez
? is that a wide glide, if it is can u post a pick of the whole bike. I have been considering this for mine, but wanted to see how it would look. Thanks
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...ml#post8303132

Yes, its a Wide Glide

Old 06-17-2011, 10:43 PM
Mike Horrell
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Missed this thread when it was first posted.

I'm one of the people that were posting a lot about how to install a Batwing last fall / winter.

I bought the standard MS Batwing for HD tourers, used the quick release clamps from
an HD windshield, had some custom brackets made, installed a Clearview recurved windshield,
went to a 7" headlight and had the front turn signals relocated. I'm VERY satisfied.

I can ride at 80+mph with no turbulence while still getting enough airflow to keep cool in 95F
weather. I have the MS lower deflectors that I used when I had the normal HD windshield
but I haven't had time to play with them and see if they are really helping. They made a
big difference with the windshield so I think they are probably helping.

I found out that a big difference in wind noise is related to leg position (!!!). If my knees are
tucked in closer to the tank, almost all noise goes away. Ride in "crotch cooling mode" and
the noise level goes up.

Here's a link to my album on the conversion.

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/23622558